NFL Players and Firearms

I think the NFL has only one agenda - make money for the stateholders.

My initial intention was to point out the NFL had set precedent for employees to support their personal agendas on their own time. I don’t agree with shutting down the causes I singled out, but if those were not accepted, then Kaepernick should not have been accepted. Had they shut it down quickly the financial implications would not have been a problem.

1 Like

I agree with your statements regarding the nfl as an organization. I feel some of the players are lumped into the original article as thugs and them owning guns is a problem. I simply meant my response as a response to the article itself not as a defense of the on field protesting. As an avid sports fan, a collegiate athlete and former coach, I have no place for that on the field of play.

I also do not want to be lumped in with irresponsible gun owners who make things harder for us, which is why I referenced not judging all NFL players for the acts of some.

That was my point! There were other such activities that were shut down by the league and this one should have been handled the same way. What you do on your own time is fine, but not on the company dime.
And the NFL - a non-profit corporation - is truly there only to make the owner’s money. And the only way to protest the protest is no different than what has often been suggested about Anti 2A companies, take your money elsewhere. Don’t buy tickets, don’t watch games and don’t support the advertisers.

2 Likes

They are represented by the National Football League Players Association (NFLPA) and each have a contract so they do not fall under employment at will. But there are still league and team rules which apply and are enforceable.

2 Likes

Got you Mike, thank you Sir! The league still in my view the asylum shouldn’t be run by the patients

1 Like