New to CCW

Welcome to the family and God Bless, from Michigan.

1 Like

Welcome to the family and God Bless, from Michigan.

3 Likes

Thanks , we have been out of the country for 8 years and have been shooting with our local IDPA club.

3 Likes

Hi, I am new to all this. Does anyone know how hard it is to get a CCW in the state of California?

2 Likes

Welcome to the family. Your in the right spot to ask that’s for sure

1 Like
3 Likes

@Agustin1. Welcome to the community, stay safe and train hard. :smiley:

1 Like

thank you, I am glad I am able to be part of the USCCA Family

2 Likes

Thanks Cobra

2 Likes

Welcome to the family @Agustin1 and you are in the right place at the right time.

1 Like

Thank you Johnny, it’s a pleasure to be with the USCCA Family

2 Likes

Check out the Blue Aplha Gear Low Profile 1.5" EDC Belt. Great platform.

Now if I can only find a holster I like…

2 Likes

I am amazed how few people notice open carry. If your wearing dark colors with a dark holster and dark gun and everything blends in together, you can go a lot of places open carrying and no one will pay attention. Too much into their phone or just oblivious to the world around them.

2 Likes

Guitar…guitar…I feel like I should know what that is…

1 Like

I’m fairly new to concealed carry also. While waiting for my permit to arrive (4 months, yikes!) I also wore my sidearm around the house to get used to it. For me, the point of most concern wasn’t carrying the pistol, it was having one in the chamber, but after reading the forums here, I was more or less mentally prepared for it by time my permit arrived, and always chamber one before I leave the house.
I went with a Hank’s Belts 1.5" gunbelt, a fitted leather OWB holster (as I’m rather heavy), a tucked in tee with an untucked button-up big enough for me and a few friends. Since I’m pushing 60 and disabled, I couldn’t care less what people might think about how I dress, but as many have pointed out, most people have their faces glued to their phone and no situational awareness at all.
I should probably consider getting a casual jacket of some sort, but it’s not high on the priority list.

3 Likes

Same here. LOVE my KORE Essentials belt!

3 Likes

Depends on the county you live in. The trick is what the Sheriff for your county considers ‘good cause’ for CCW issuance as is required by California law.

I don’t know how accurate this map is county by county, but for what its worth:

3 Likes

Look at that map! And yet CA legislature has made CA one of the most restrictive states for weapons! Unbelievable. Lock up criminals and Give the people what they want.

I sure hope this state goes back to being red some day sooner than later.

3 Likes