New to CCW

I started out carrying concealed as soon as I was lawfully able to do so…

Now, carrying with one in the chamber, it took about 3 months to get to that point.

Take your time… Ease into it as you feel comfortable. Have you considered off-body carrying?

:v:t5:

3 Likes

@Glock27ccw I wonder where you got the guitar example lol

3 Likes

@BryanWM excellent group and resources here!!

4 Likes

I prefer to tuck…its pretty easy with practice. I have larger t-shirts for those lazy days. Its all preference…

3 Likes

Welcome to the community. Wearing a pistol is, well, a pain in the butt. Lots of things to consider like is there a outline on my xxxl tshirt you have to wear. But its like a parachute. Uncomfortable, yep. A pain to put on and take off, sure is. But when you need it you wont regret a minute of it. Stay safe.

6 Likes

Haha, yeah. Sadly, after owning two guitars for over 25 years, I’m still no good with either of them. Same for Italian and Spanish unfortunately, even though in CA I’m constantly around Spanish speakers, and I lived in Italy for a year a decade ago. I feel like I’m better at weapons handling… *I hope I’m right.*:thinking:

4 Likes

Comforting, but never comfortable.

You will need to find the right firearm/holster combination that works for you and is comfortable. There are tuckable holsters if you need to tuck in your shirt. Another thing that helps is if you want to wear a tshirt wear a sleeveless tshirt under it to keep the grip from rubbing skin. I initially wore the holster without a gun for a while till that felt OK, then with a gun in the holster with no ammo, then with ammo, then with ammo and 1 in the chamber. It is a process, take your time and get training when you feel uncomfortable. Then get more training.

4 Likes

I have a Sig P365 in a Concealment Express kydex holster. Small, comfortable and 10+1. Works very well for me but your results may vary.

3 Likes

@BryanWM
I don’t think you mentioned which pistols you have…

1 Like

@MAXIMILIAAN, sorry I meant the original poster @BryanWM

1 Like

Sig P365 and S&W mp 9 ez. I love my holster I got from n82tactical. Damn comfortable for the Sig. have not Found one for the EZ.

3 Likes

How/where did you learn tuck? It just escapes me how.

1 Like

What would you suggest for off body?

1 Like

There are some good videos on youtube that will walk you through the process… basically you need a “tuckable” holster and you tuck your shirt in between the holster and the clip…

3 Likes

I have a small, sling backpack I use sometimes. I got it off Amazon a few years back. :v:t5:

4 Likes

Go check out this topic. Scroll down to my post with pictures.

2 Likes

When you feel comfortable and if you have a local IDPA club join and shoot with them. It’s great fun gets you comfortable with drawing from concealment and adds pressure with other people watching.

5 Likes

Welcome to the family and you are in the right place at the right time.

2 Likes

You don’t carry for the times you MIGHT be near the ‘messes’, but for the times the ‘messes’ come to you. good to get comfortable carrying in the house, as you should do this as a matter of course. What good is a gun in the "other room’ when stupid comes calling while in this room? Keep it with you at all times, you’ll get used to it.

5 Likes