New Shooters, please share your stories

Well, here goes, when I got my handgun six weeks ago, I experienced “limp wristing” and I learned quickly how to clear a jam. I shoot about 80 rounds a week at my local gun range and experienced a lot of flyers. I was very nervous and would sweat bullets (you know what I mean_) and eventually I have over come this phobia. Had to do with very loud noises when I was in the service. I am now more accustomed to the recoil and noise that comes with a gun range. That took me about a frickin’ month! Today with my targets I had no “flyers” but my right hand dominates my accuracy because I seem to be left of center. I have a stock Canik TP9DA with warren sights. It is not my handgun. Being the old man I am I finally went to the eye doctor and should have new glasses soon. I also ordered a warren grip that I hope improves my left hand position. I think I need a one-on-one instructor (someone with patience) in the Orlando, Florida area or suggestions for on-line training. I know this isn’t the manly thing to do but I need to improve my accuracy. Thanks in advance for your advise!

2 Likes

Identifying a weakness or seeking firearms training has nothing to do with being manly. It’s the smart and responsible thing to do. :+1:t2:

That being said, check out the “Training” tab at the top of the page or link below, enter your zipcode and have a look see at what USCCA instructors are conducting training sessions in your area.

https://training.usconcealedcarry.com/

1 Like

Welcome to the community, You came to the right place.

1 Like

Got the warren support hand grip assist sleeve and did several dry fire exercises and BOOM! The sight picture was much improved! The confidence is starting to go up but with the knowledge there is still work and training to be done.

2 Likes