?New Organization? US Concealed Carry Association for Saving Lives

Just got a e mail that raised a red flag. I have been under the impression that USCCA was keeping any political actions to a minimum. So what pops up in my email but this gem.

“Today marks the very first day of existence for the **U.S Concealed Carry Association for Saving Lives, a new political action committee”

When you click on the “Become a member” it takes you to A group called WINRED before doing anything with this group I would like to know if this is something tied to USCCA they do use the shield LOGO.

USCCA Follow Up

USCCA response posted here for everyone’s convenience. I hope you don’t mind the add-on to your opening post, @Bill50.

The USCCA For Saving Lives, the USCCA and Delta Defense are NOT part of the same organization. Delta Defense, LLC is a significant donor to the USCCA For Saving Lives through both monetary and in-kind donations because the mission of the USCCA-For Saving Lives Super Pac closely aligns with and supports the overall mission of the USCCA, which is to help Americans avoid danger, save lives and keep their families safe.

26 Likes

@Bill50 get a hold of Dawn maybe she can get some answer on this. :thinking: :us: :us:

5 Likes

The USCCA For Saving Lives, the USCCA and Delta Defense are NOT part of the same organization. Delta Defense, LLC is a significant donor to the USCCA For Saving Lives through both monetary and in-kind donations because the mission of the USCCA-For Saving Lives Super Pac closely aligns with and supports the overall mission of the USCCA, which is to help Americans avoid danger, save lives and keep their families safe.

12 Likes

Isn’t Winred some kind of payment platform?

1 Like

Directory | WinRed

6 Likes

Be interesting to hear whats up.

3 Likes

Received the same email. Using the USCCA logo

3 Likes

Where as I feel 2a organizations (PAC’s) should be involved in protecting our 2a rights, I think the USCCA should stay out of the hot seat and stay focused on their core, protecting people in court and by offering training.

The USCCA’s mission is to train and prepare law-abiding gun owners by giving them the tools, the courage and the confidence to protect what matters most to them.

19 Likes

Without second amendment you won’t need USCCA it’s time to make a stand . LESS GOVERNMENT IS THE BEST GOVERNMENT

16 Likes

Yeah same email, I called and as stated above was the reply I received. Wondered if it was a scam, person that responded said they were ligit…

1 Like

@Fizbin USCCA’s mission hasn’t changed.

5 Likes

Just received this. Is this real or spam?

We have big news, and wanted you to be one of the first people to know.

You’ve heard from us about concealed carry reciprocity, but this is a HUGE update.

Today marks the very first day of existence for the U.S Concealed Carry Association for Saving Lives, a new political action committee dedicated solely to advancing the interests of responsible gun owners – and their ability to better protect themselves and their loved ones… No matter where they are.

We’re going to be working every single day to make sure that your natural-born right to protect yourself and your loved ones, affirmed by the Constitution, is NEVER threatened. That means:

:white_check_mark: advocating for the importance of firearms education and training

:white_check_mark: removing barriers that hinder gun owners’ ability to protect their families

:white_check_mark: advocating for national concealed carry reciprocity laws

We’re taking this effort to Washington, D.C… And we need all the help we can get.

We’re going to be at the very center of huge legislative conversations. We’re going to support key leaders in their work to defend our rights to defend ourselves.

Plain and simple – We need you in this with us.

Mike Lowney

Chairman of the Board, U.S Concealed Carry Association for Saving Lives

4 Likes

See the conversation at ?New Organization? US Concealed Carry Association for Saving Lives - #6 by John512.

4 Likes

Thanks Dawn,
Logically if you think about it folks, the USCCA would not make some sort of big alliance announcement like this by sending out an odd email. It would be all over the website, multiple emails and Tim would have blasted out tons of emails.

I’m kinda curious how some of you folks did get the weird email? I didn’t get it btw.

3 Likes

@Fizbin I found it in my JUNK/SPAM folder this morning. Haven’t responded or researched any further. My fear is that if it’s like any other political contributions made through WINRED, the proverbial hand is out every 15minutes for even more after the initial donation is received. :thinking:

5 Likes

https://www.usatodaysun.com/fast-growing-gun-group-launches-concealed-carry-super-pac/

The Wisconsin-based U.S. Concealed Carry Association (USCCA) this week is unveiling The U.S. Concealed Carry Association for Saving Lives, which the group says will educate and grow support for national concealed carry reciprocity bills.

Sounds like legal distancing while holding hands!

In its announcement, which was shared first with Fox News on Wednesday, the USCCA highlights that its new committee is “dedicated solely to advancing the interests of responsible gun owners – and their ability to better protect themselves and their loved ones… No matter where they are.”

The group says its new PAC will also advocate for the importance of firearms education and training and push to remove barriers it says “hinder” the ability of gun owners to protect their families.

Republican lawmakers in the House and Senate have separately introduced national concealed carry reciprocity bills in Congress this year. The new group would also support those members of Congress fighting to pass the measures.

USCCA founder and president Tim Schmidt told Fox News in a statement that “with over 100 million gun owners across the nation and climbing, there is an incredible demand among law-abiding Americans for Congress to finally pass the National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act, so they can protect themselves and their families at all times.”

“It is our hope that by expanding our support of those leading the fight for national reciprocity for concealed carry permit holders, we can better protect law-abiding Americans from being criminalized,” he emphasized.

The group tells Fox News it will support its new PAC with an initial mid-six- figures contribution to get the committee started.

The USCCA’s membership has surged in recent years, from roughly 300,000 at the end of 2019 to nearly 600,000 paid members. It also has 7,000 instructors across the country, an increase of 2,000 in the past year.

5 Likes

Good to know… If it wasn’t USCCA’s, I would think the actual founder would gladly take the credit…seems like he did. @USCCA , what’s up with that?

2 Likes

I stand corrected.

I guess they do want to be involved in politics.
I can only expect that the USCCA will become a target for the left similar to the NRA.

6 Likes

Today, and for the past few years, anyone who is publicly pro-2A is involved with politics. I have no problem formalizing that stance.

11 Likes

I know @OldGnome , you’re right… I’m just getting a bit tired of it all.

I just want to teach, target shoot, 3 gun, hunt, further my own tactical training and keep me and my family safe.

16 Likes