New "Joker" Movie Warnings

Pretty sad… remember when going to the movies was “Just going to the Movies”? I believe the person(s) who fit the Incel group spend most, if not all of their lives through a monitor.

1 Like

Maybe they should spend some time wearing an ankle monitor instead… :grin:

1 Like

Regardless of ones political leanings, after reading that article I refuse to take anyone serious who says mental health, video games, and countless hours on a device is not a major issue.

If video games, social media, violent movies, and all these internet groups aren’t a problem, then why was this stuff not happening before it took over society? All it’s done is organize people with issues and given them a platform.

And they call the NRA a terrorist organization…

1 Like

? Proceeds maybe?

1 Like

Seeing the trailers I can’t imagine wanting to see it nor would I even consider taking young kids to see it.

2 Likes

It has been my experience that an increasing number of people, mostly young but not entirely, view movies, tv, and the internet almost like documentaries. Even if they understand that the characters on the screen aren’t real people, they do believe that the words and actions are all true, and that they are an accurate representation of the real world. Just one more thing that is declining…The ability to distinguish between fantasy and reality.

I used to ask people: "So you know why the (insert actor/character here) ended up winning? BECAUSE THAT’S HOW THE SCRIPT WAS WRITTEN!

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s just the youth. I think they’re more vocal about it. I wish we could remove the stigma around mental illness. If I said I had cancer, people wouldn’t say just get over it. If I said I had depression, people would say suck it up and get over it. :confused:

2 Likes

No, it is in the community in general. Now we can try to figure out why, some say outs social media and people NOT wanting to socialize publicly, since say it’s the crap they pt in or food and drinks. Who knows for sure. But we need to tackle the problem head on. I have 2 life threatening problems and I deal with it thanks to friends, family and church.

2 Likes

I’m not finding that to be the case so much anymore… 30 years ago, yes. Maybe because I lived in CA for a long time and having a therapist or being on mood regulating drugs is not so much an issue there. The bigger problem I see is with parents who deny it applies to their kids and stick their heads in the sand and rather than get their kids help, defend their behavior, sweep it under the rug, or baby and protect them.

1 Like

Well…

Went to see the movie and don’t understand why there was so much hype about possible violence. The theater had even hired armed security (that didn’t look very impressive).

Even though it’s just a movie, I think it did a decent job of showing the descent into mental break. That and treating mental health issues is much more than handing out pills.

There is one scene that had me shaking my head. Without giving away anything, he gets 8 shots out of a .38 revolver! Impressive (not).

2 Likes

Well here’s a new take on the movie…

Unfortunately, I still see this “mentality” in the midwest around where I live. Unless you’re diagnosed and on some sort of medication there’s still a lot of stigma.

3 Likes

And SOME of those medications can make things worse. I’m not coming down hard on all medications by any means, a lot of them can and do help.

2 Likes

i just caught this… that is perfect.

2 Likes