New Jersey banned supermarkets from providing plastic and paper bags — now...

4 Likes

Despite what the civics lessons say, the Law of Unintended Consequences remains the highest law of the land.

9 Likes

:roll_eyes: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :neutral_face: :expressionless: :anguished: :fearful: :cold_sweat: :disappointed_relieved: :sob:

Wow, OMG… the End of this World is coming !

Be aware, keep your firearm close and ready… call NRA, call GFA, call IDPA, call NAAGA, call NSSF, call Cookie Monster … don’t stand and look… act !
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Jersey Food Council Linda Doherty noted in a statement, according to the outlet. “We view this as a short unintended consequence of the new state law.”

“Some stores are also posting signs to remind customers to keep handbaskets in the store and using in store public address systems with similar messaging,” Doherty noted. “We think in most cases people simply forgot to bring them back.”

Oh, of course… the same reason for the shoplifting in California… they forgot… to pay… :rofl:

4 Likes

Ha ha ha.
Your honor, I didn’t steal that television. I simply forgot to return it.

3 Likes

When I lived on the East Coast, coming from Texas, the Mid West and Mountain West, one of the cultural oddities was that East Coast stores often required deposits for use of their shopping carts or erected barriers at the entrance to the store so that you could not wheel the shopping carts into the parking lot.

2 Likes

This sounds about right. This sort of thing is always what happens when government Gets Involved.

2 Likes

Thoughts in my head sometimes surface for no particular reason. Just yesterday when I saw totes for sale at the checkout of Wally World, I remembered when totes were banned because of fear of the Chinese Flu! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Over five years ago Aldi grocery stores in the Virginia suburbs of DC had cart racks requiring a small deposit (less than a dollar) to pull out a cart, same as the luggage carts in most major airport terminals.
More recently, within the past six months Kroger stores in central Arkansas have removed all of the old standard cart (long favored as permanent carriers by homeless) and replaced them with carts whose wheels lock up tight when taken beyond the edge of the parking lot.
It’s a real 8176h when those wheels lock up early half way to your car.

2 Likes

Just thinkin ; What will they use for ugly people :question:
even though :grey_question:

1 Like

Corona masks, of course. It seems to have turned out they are not any good for any other purpose, and we have plenty of them all around us.

2 Likes

I shouldn’t have said that ; I’m kinda “ Ugly “ also.

1 Like

@Blacky … how the f&*$ you got my picture? It supposed be sealed :astonished:

2 Likes

I got it your Picture from FedEx , track your package ; YEP.

2 Likes

PS: thanks for not using the Duck word, it’s being patented By MS. Wanda Wowman.

@Wanda3

3 Likes

Did you send me an email with INVOICE.ZIP attachment? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:shushing_face:

… returning to plastic bags ban…

A 2022-09-02 20-36-07

2 Likes

What are the Bag Of Suds store Franchises going to do, good thing they made “ my cousin Vinny “ first.

2 Likes

Wonder why I’m going to have a sandwich now & watch gun smoke ; then I’ll have to have beans.
Really do want beans when I watch westerns.

1 Like