New 2A group for Asian Americans

Thanks Jack. I didn’t realize how that diverse we are, transcending so many different backgrounds. Reminded me of my first CCW Permit course I took, each student was completely different from one another. :smiley:

5 Likes

WTF is asian about 2A freedom? Absurd. Getting sucked in to all this racial divide the left so loves. And remember this got started when a total nutjob killed 6 women for being sexual temptations and it exploded into Asian armageddon. Just. Say. No.

3 Likes

The 2A is a pertinent issue for people of Asian descent. My Uncle bought—practically given—several firearms from a Japanese American co-worker pal during the WW2 internment round up.
Nothing says you’re toast quite like being stripped of the 2A.
The Korean shop keepers in LA who held off the rioters is one more example of how the 2A is relevant. With the current defund the police movement and antics of the LA District Attorney, we may be able to learn something from our Asian friends.
Attacks we see against elderly Asians are all the more reason why the 2A is necessary for protection.
So they want to form a gun club? Why not? They need an organization responsible to their unique circumstances and I applaud the idea.
It’s like, well, you know, Constitutional

6 Likes

YES, SIR! People who intentionally divide themselves by immutable differences beyond their individual control (genetics, heredity, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, and so forth) are chasing ghosts into the cemetery.

2 Likes

…especially in Florida! :smiley:

3 Likes

One of the things I truly enjoyed about sub duty: there is no room for excess baggage or dead weight on a submarine. So there was ZERO bigotry other than performance bias (meritocracy).

2 Likes

Relax!
I understand this is about a shared culture seeking to promote the 2A among it’s demographic.
A different thing entirely than the NRA rank and file divisiveness with the Wayne LaPierre-istas

6 Likes

Yep. That’s called cronyism – particularly nasty form of tribalism.

1 Like

Yep for sure.

1 Like

“Under the heavens, man, we are but one family…”

• Bruce Lee
5 Likes

I agree with you 100%. The world knows that Americans are unstoppable if we are all on the same side together. By making another “Fill in the Blank American” group, just divides us even further.

5 Likes

If they want their own 2A group, more power to them. However, there’s no law (yet) that says they can’t belong to more than one 2A group like the NRA, GOA, USCCA, etc,etc…

8 Likes

It’s no more divisive than The Son’s of Italy, Robert Burns Society or the Filipino-American Association and certainly shouldn’t cast any doubt on their patriotism as a great many members of these and similar organization gave their lives on foreign shores fighting for America.
I agree about unity, but this is about cultural support.
If such an organization fosters more Asian appreciation for the 2A, more power to 'em.

6 Likes

The Koreans have done this during the LA riots and it saved their neighbor hood so why not. Asian or not we should not tolerate any bully that attacks old people and helpless women, period.

6 Likes

My father is an honorary member of the Japanese-American Veterans Association… He’s American of German decent with an Irish name!

As long as it promotes goodwill and good fellowship within the firearms culture, as long as it encourages and enriches ALL who desire to participate, I feel it is beneficial!

7 Likes

@BeanCounter i understand what you are saying, agree somewhat, but I also understand how they feel.

Believe it or not in would not go to a different school if my little brother was not there. I do not care if me older siblings was there or not but I need my little brother close by until I got into high school.
What I am trying to say is, some of us are just more comfortable with things and peoples we are use to having close.

4 Likes

I concur, cultures are important but we are all Americans first and Justice must be paramount. What happen to the not so long ago - Embrace the Diversity ?

3 Likes

Gotta love Teddy. :us:

G

5 Likes

And he also said. :us:

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American … There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag.”

Theodore Roosevelt

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing the quotes! I understand the sentiment but not sure I can agree with a strict literal interpretation of the words.

One of the strengths of the USA is that it is an amalgamation of various cultures and ideas that have created an adaptable system designed to protect the rights and freedoms of individuals.

I think it is very important to remember and respect and even occasionally identify with the various places our ancestors came from. I do however agree that as Americans we must not put our past cultural and personal beliefs ahead of the American ideal of respecting the rights and freedoms of others.

Our diversity is our strength.

6 Likes