Never let a stimulus check go to waste

I truly hope so! IMO, veterans have sacrificed so much for our country, they should be getting the stimulus first!
~Dawn

5 Likes

Homeless US citizens should be eligible. The problem is that only the people who filed tax returns recently are getting the stimulus automatically. I suspect that most homeless have not filed returns and are unlikely to have the resources to chase down their share.

The much bigger problem is that we are all only getting a tiny fraction of the countless trillions in stimulus from this year and last year. But we will all be responsible for the $1000s of dollars that every taxpayer will have to pay annually for decades to come just to cover the interest payments on this new debt.

1 Like

I guess youā€™re not amply poor enough like us po folk.
Amen to getting money out to homeless, especially homeless vets.

There really a couple of things that should never be in these United States.
In my lifetime I never thought there would be starving children, and never thought there would be homeless vets. Thatā€™s how you know youā€™re representatives donā€™t give a shirt. All the money leaves the US to study transgender 3 legged albino bats in Morning Zambia.
Maybe if they really ā€œwokeā€ up they would cancel starving children and veterans, especially citizens! Funny how they are all ā€œwokeā€ about what someone said or did 30 years ago!
If they opened their eyes and really woke up, they would find that turning the US into a third world country is not going to be very ā€œwokeā€! IMO, itā€™s going to become extremely dangerous and violent and will at some point reach their ā€œwokeā€ door! Always be careful what you wish for!
Not a wise move by the guy in the White House to wish Vladimir Putin ,dobroye utro (good morning), what do you think would happen if he attacked China like that, but weā€™ll circle back on that!

1 Like

Hey KillJoy,

Both my wife and I are very fortunate, but it wasnā€™t always so. There was a time where we both lived paycheck to paycheck and often had to juggle which overdue bills had to be paid this month rather than buy us food. Iā€™ll never demean you or anyone for making less because I remember being there myself. My point was to explain that as someone who doesnā€™t get a stimulus check, itā€™s frustrating to know money taken from my pocket doesnā€™t make it to a group that deserves it and needs it most! I donā€™t care what you or anyone else does with the moneyā€¦but itā€™s nice to know itā€™s helping people invested in our rights and not just funding all the jobless antifa terrorists.

2 Likes

My family and I sponsor as many as we can every year and help different groups but I donā€™t see any of them with checks or cards which is really upsetting.

I appreciate the input @Shamrock had and I think Iā€™ll reach out to the Vet Outreach programs and see if we can get the people to sign up so they can get their stimulus.

just a reminder to everyone elseā€¦there are a lot of really amazing programs where you can get involved. My family and I always donate our stuff we donā€™t want to vet groups and we also donate to Vet outreach groups in our area. Thereā€™s also programs where you can sponsor active soldiers and send care packages to them which I have to admit is always a blast to get a response from someone after they get the package. Hereā€™s the group we use https://soldiersangels.org/programs/deployed-support/adopting-a-soldier/

One thing I can tell you from first hand experience. When I was deployed, I was under constant threat of death. Snipers, mortar, IEDs, random attacks. I remember calling home after a very stressful week where I almost died twice and talking to my family. Their big news was my brother dumped his girlfriend, my friend had to replace his engine, and my dad was buying new tires. I didnā€™t tell them I carried my buddy over 100 yards on my shoulder after he took a round or that the humvee in front of me found an IED and I lost some brothers. Life may be normal here, but never forgetā€¦itā€™s not for our deployed soldiers. Sorry, Iā€™ll get off my soapbox now.

5 Likes

I need to lighten up. :rofl:

1 Like

I have no idea on lasers but I was always taught to use only a red lens cover on a flashlight at night. It allows the eyes to adjust quicker when you turn the light off. It also canā€™t be seen from as far away while still giving good visibilty.

The answer to your question is ā€œNOā€. If you didnā€™t file income tax for 2020, no bank account or address for a paper check, no check.
The IRS has a section to help people who are out of the system get the stim. check.
Any one can help a Vet by entering their info and have someone to send the check to. I helped a person who was in prison for 6 years (I thought the charge bogus and way over sentenced) get their check for 2020.
Just go to IRS.gov, find Get My Check and fill in the info. The IRS will search for the persons past info and will get a check to them. :+1:

1 Like

Brad is correct. Green is easier to see.

1 Like

I have both and I can pick up both but green is brighter in the dark and you can see even see it if light hits it you still can pick it up the red brokes up if light hit it but I would go with green then the red

1 Like