Never let a stimulus check go to waste

About to use the government check on the following item.
Trijicon ACOG 4 x 32 BAC Riflescope-5.56 / .223-BDC.FDE

QUESTION: I have a choice of RED or GREEN chevron, which is the better choice.
And your reasoning!

8 Likes

Always green. Never red.

3 Likes

Any particular reason for green?

Personally, I just hate the color red on anything, but I also find it easier for my eyes to see green.

1 Like

I have read that the green is easier for most, but maybe not all, people to see especially in daylight conditions. I just got my first green dot a little bit ago. Haven’t gotten to use it at the range yet but it does seem easier to see in bright conditions and looks fine in the dark too.

3 Likes

Red? Green?

3 Likes

Yes, green is easier to see in daylight and red has no advantage over green at night. I have a dot sight with both and I almost always use the green dot. :+1:

2 Likes

Wait wait… I totally did that wrong. Let me have a do-over.

Red? Green?

poster-thumb-23168

Why not both?

10 Likes

Green. For me (i’m a little red/tan deficient), red gets lost easy in bright light.
I like the Vortex strikefire with BOTH as an option.

1 Like

Ok! Pardon my stupidity, but I’m living under a flaccid brained dictatorial regime, soon to be a monarchy.
How well can you see a green sight, crosshair, dot, chevron or horseshoe in dense foliage?

Not to put to fine a point on it, in this image I see the Red Cross reticle quicker and easier than the green, strangely enough, I see the green chevron quicker against the buildings more clearly!

This is what I’ve been using for the past 12 years, don’t get me wrong, I love them and they are accurate, but when the battery goes in the middle of battle, reverting back to iron sights, is challenging on the eyes!

1 Like

And on a positive note, I noticed the latest stimulus check enter my account today. I imagine for some of you who qualify, but have not yet received it, that it may be arriving soon. Good news. Gotta pay the bills. Stay safe. :four_leaf_clover:

The background in the top right picture has a a mostly yellow with a bit of green tint to it which is a shade I don’t run into very often either in Eastern forests or most Western landscapes. I have looked through mine at green pine trees and it still shows up nicely. Could see it maybe having issues with grassy backgrounds of just the right shade but I have no green grass at the moment to test it against.

1 Like

I have been blessed over the past year. It’s been turbulent, but I’ve never missed a bill, and I’ve never gone long without a paycheck from one place or another. I actually feel guilty getting a stimulus check. I’m really irritated about it, if I must be honest. I know people who are hurting, and the money should have been directed towards them, not people like me. I’d like to direct my stimulus check to some local charities, either for people our of work or maybe students that have missed a year of school.

3 Likes

@Ouade5 - I agree with you when you say this money needs to go to others that can use it. There are too many to count. I have not needed any of the stimulus checks so I have been dividing it up between my list below. I actually would like to give more to these and others.

I just received my stimulus yesterday so will be sending it out in the next few days. I realize not everyone can do this, but these organizations will help keep American going I hope.

• My local Gun Owners caucaus of MN
• NRA
• Prager University
• Hillsdale College
• Project Veritas
• Crime Prevention Research Center - John Lott

5 Likes

Ha ha ha… I should write to my (D) representative and let him know I’m sending my stimulus check to the NRA. He’d blow a gasket. And then I’d probably end up on the no-fly list.

3 Likes

Stimulus is stimulating my friends business… Too bad it’s going to take 12 weeks to get it in… Still faster than most politicians work.

Supporting American Business the whole way…

I prefer green btw, although half the sights I have are in Red…

Think I’ll install a red dot on that .50BMG first thing…lol…

3 Likes

Politicians work?

3 Likes

I knew someone would call it out…

2 Likes

SOOOO here’s my question…albeit off topic’ish…do the homeless vets get stimulus checks? I would think if my tax dollars are being freely handed out to everyone making a certain annual income or less…I’m pretty sure homeless persons would qualify and more specific homeless vets. While neither my wife or I get any stimulus…I’d certainly be less bothered if I knew the homeless vets were ALSO getting something as well!

but as for your question…RED…ALWAYS RED…that’s the color of anger and that describes how I feel everyday I see the idiots in office.

5 Likes

I’m not sure that anyone knows how it works. That is certainly the case with the healthcare website. I was working on something last year and went in to test out a bunch of options. If you make a reasonable amount of money, you pay through the nose. If you make no money, you pay through the nose. If you make a small amount, you get nearly free healthcare. Curious…