needed a good laugh today

@Larry130 Be careful with all y’all. That’s plural. Might offend someone unless they are a they.

8 Likes

What about “you’uns” or “youse”?

6 Likes

…or a “them”?

4 Likes

@Ouade5 Well, you dont want to sound illiterate… idk. If it were a situation as described above and one had to protect oneself, I’d be calling them a lot worse than 'he, she, they, me, mine, yours…" There would be some ducks flying around and I’d risk being called socially pronoun-ally impaired.

“Hey, I’m being discriminated against because I am pronoun-ally impaired…!!!”

8 Likes

@Larry130 I don’t ducking know…

5 Likes

When a single person insists on being referred to in plural, I think a lot worse of him/her than “illiterate.” :laughing:

Folks starting using “them” as a generic pronoun a long time ago, though. That isn’t something new, and it probably annoys me less than people who say “there is” when they should say “there are.” Modern English speakers have a lot of singular / plural problems, going back to the Normans.

What is new is someone insisting that others refer to himself/herself as “them.” Compelled speech annoys me, and so does this idea that I have to refer to someone with royal plural pronouns.

6 Likes

I am sticking with “hey you”.

7 Likes

No plural needed, you may address me as “your Highness” or “your Majesty”, either one is fine; just don’t call me “surely”… :sunglasses:

5 Likes

The plural would be “all y’all.”

7 Likes
7 Likes

I can’t keep up what is “non-binary”? I understand Frisco, on its form for aid for low income folk who are confused about their sexual status they have 97 choices of sexual status to choose from. I went on line and glanced at the form. I didn’t count them all because 97 was more than two hands and feet’s worth of digits. 97? My old biology prof would be confused. He thought there were only two and one mixed called hermaphrodites which had both of the aforementioned.

4 Likes

If it’s a criminal matter, when the PD asks you if you believe the police are always right or a question in that line, tell him.she/they/whatever that you believe where there is smoke there is fire and the police don’t arrest innocent people.

If it is a civil trial for personal injury, tell the plaintiff’s counsel that you don’t believe in pain, it is all in the mind and can be controlled with just a bit of self-control.

Both of those replies will get you off jury duty faster than you can say, “I challenge for cause, Your Honor.”

3 Likes

I sat in a meeting with the Vice President of a large global company. Someone in the room dropped the “Your Highness” line on the CEO. Without thinking and before I could get it stopped, I turned to the Vice President and said “So your VPness what do you think”. Fortunately the guy had a sense of humor, he had me assigned to Bismarck and Beulah North Dakota for a couple of years. It’s ducking cold up there in December.

6 Likes

Yeah, but the pheasant hunting is great

5 Likes

Proper Pronouns 101

5 Likes

A trigger that only shoots when pressed, not also when released… :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Fortunately, this is just an internet forum, and he is not my boss. Lastly, I plan on retiring next year, so I would not be spending several years anywhere, regardless. :sunglasses: Glad you made it out alive; I plan on that, too. We shall see. :sunglasses: Though, as I have not had any of those death shots, I have a far better chance of that, than those that did. :sunglasses:

The CDC finally admitted the connection between myocarditis and pericarditis and the death shot. In the link I provided is a link to the information from the CDC, but the CDC information page (numerous pages) tries hard to hide the truth and down-play the results. Point being, they lied and knew the truth.

6 Likes

:rofl: :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

Southern Proper Pronouns for Dummies😀

I know it is California but I still have trouble believing it. Ahow can anything as rediculos as this actually happen? Are you supposed to say excuse me shootèr, I need to know your prefered pronoun so I can report you. NO! I can’t believe this crap.

3 Likes