needed a good laugh today

23 Likes

They don’t have this problem in Germany. Or Gerwomany.

8 Likes

OMFG, Did he aaaa they aaaa it really say
“They had a beard so I thought they was a guy!”?

and there’s this:

“He’s a menace,” said Alameda County District Attorney Sarah Shavers. “Patterson won’t be given a bond until I feel certain that he will not misgender again.”

That is ducking hilarious.

Thanks for the laugh!

7 Likes

If this becomes a real thing, I’m letting the, they, them shoot!
I’m saving my man a$$ and my woman’s if she happens to be with me, when them, they, it starts shooting!
Seriously, I have no room for that crap in my life! Tried to laugh at the article, but it just makes me sick to my stomach! It would be funnier if it couldn’t be true!

8 Likes

Take some solace in the fact that at least it isn’t true… yet.

7 Likes

LMAO,

WAIT FOR IT, WAIT FOR IT…

10 Likes

I see two violations right there by the DA her… he… x-self.

5 Likes

Asking for a friend… is ‘IT’ appropriate and the safe pronoun to use at all times?

“IT had a gun and I was afraid IT was gong to shoot me. Can I identify the perp? Yes, IT had a beard. When I saw the barrel of the gun pointing at me, I did not notice breasts beyond the barrel. I could be wrong. But as far as I could see. IT didnt look like IT shaved that day. Could be a ‘she’ who is hormonally challenged. Or should I say She-It? Wait, thats what I said when I saw the barrel pointed at me. And yes I had on clean underwear until that moment. Other than that, can I call my lawyer at USCCA? I hope IT is available immediately. Cause I’m up She-it’s Creek.”

Then what do we do about Mr. or Mrs. or Ms. or other? How do you address people now?

Jury of my peers??? What the duck?

8 Likes

Please be patient with me. I’m trying to understand, but I’m just not there yet. Smh. If you say, THEY, I’m still looking for a horde of people. I know…I’m a bit slow. I should have taken the short bus to school wearing a helmet encased in bubble wrap.

7 Likes

I still can’t see how it could stand up in a court of law! Immediately we are prone to recognize the difference between a male and a female simply by bodily appearance. We have no knowledge as to what one identifies as until you have been informed by other means. So, how could there be misidentification? The person appeared to be … based on … How else would you know to say, It, They, or other? Help me out here. Again, I’m not trying to be disrespectful.

4 Likes

Not to mention, you may be right. “He had a gun” may be factually correct no matter what identity he, they it insists on. So in court, it seems, one could lean on the truth…

7 Likes

Quote from an article I posted in another thread,

A teacher in a classroom heard what they thought to be shots fired and contacted police”.

It’s everywhere.

5 Likes

Jury duty in a week, I’m looking at a day in jail for contempt of court :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

11 Likes

@BeanCounter id be right there with you!! As John Lewis said. We need to get in necessary trouble!!

6 Likes

No, because “it” is an impersonal pronoun in English. (Not that Americans speak real English, but whatever.) The way English is supposed to work, ‘he’ is the gender-neutral pronoun, unless the context indicates masculinity. ‘She’ is always feminine. This was all lost on the perpetually offended decades ago.

‘They’ is even more troublesome, because it’s plural. Plural for a person is supposed to be reserved for royalty, which is how we got “you” instead of “thou.” I refuse to refer to a person in the plural.

4 Likes

Same here i call em as i see it and to heck with what they call them selves,I call them what ever I want

7 Likes

If “they” (pun intended) do not know what “they” are (male/female), they will be called whatever I determine “them” to be, he/she/it/AH, etc.

5 Likes

10 Likes

right there with you on being befuddled :crazy_face:

9 Likes

I’m sticking with “hey you” or maybe “ya all” or “all ya all”. Sometimes “themins”.

7 Likes