Need some help

Ah you’ve never been in customer support :grin:
I read it the same as you. Don’t know why you would rack through an entire magazine but, there it is.
I’d like to have bet racking it upside down would have worked.
I field strip every new firearm, cos you never know

2 Likes

Just a guess, but have you tried racking it with no ammo and the hammer down? If the gun has a tight lock up, and the hammer is down, it can be a bit of work to get the slide to move. Could have been a combination of the hammer being down, a nice tight new gun, and maybe a slightly out of spec round…

I know you got it fixed, just curious what was going on. I have only handled one Sig 1911, and it had a pretty tight lock up.

4 Likes

I never racked through all 8 rounds. I only did the first round from the magazine to be sure the mag springs were good. One round, drop mag, clear. 2nd mag, 1st round, couldn’t clear it.

4 Likes

@CMBTVT Did you finally run your pistol?

2 Likes

@Jeff-A1 Didn’t get to the range this weekend, hopefully this week tho.

4 Likes

@CMBTVT I’m sure you will enjoy the experience and grow to trust your firearm. Just take it slow. I did disassemble my Scorpion, cleaned and lubed it before my first range adventure. They are pretty tight for a factory gun. Keep us posted. Best wishes,

4 Likes

I asked this because you can do simple “plunk test” to try find the problem.

3 Likes

I do have the round

2 Likes

If you know “plunk test” then go and check the round.
Otherwise you can follow this:

… I couldn’t forget about USCCA’s version… :wink:

Depending on results you have the proper route to find the failure.

7 Likes

I’ll try this tomorrow just for the experience👍

3 Likes

I’m doing this every time with a new ammo manufacturer. This way I know what to expect during range time or class.

4 Likes

I was going to suggest putting an empty magazine back in then try racking.

1 Like