Need some advice

@Stephen309 >> you can do a background check on anyone for little or no money with a minimum of information on a person. People today hide behind the internet for protection. It’s a lot different than communicating with someone face to face, the old school way but
For a few internet Warriors it’s their way of life. IMO : if your not willing to back up what you say, keep your beak out of it.
PS: any type of a threat can be considered ( assault ) which is a criminal offense. >> look it up. <<<
:us::us::us:

4 Likes

That’s why I have half a dozen emails.

2 Likes

We all do, and they usually show up in any given person’s profile, along with current and past addresses, relatives, phone #s, social security #, and so much more. We’re long past when people should be worrying about this stuff. nothign can be done. The genie can’t even remember the bottle.

2 Likes

Not going to disagree, but add a little.
While there is more than enough open source data on me that someone could use to find me or cause lots of problems, someone have to have the very basics of who I am, otherwise, your chasing ghosts. That’s why I never put my real name on the internet.

2 Likes

Agree with @Frank73 ’s advice to document and report to authorities. Though I don’t think I agree with his definition of “troll”.

4 Likes

Likely not a good idea, IMO.

Trolls live for the reaction to the bait they cast.

Go dark for awhile and be prepared!

5 Likes

If a person wanted to show up where you live to harm you do you think they would give you a warning ?

:us::us::us:

4 Likes

@Stephen309
The best thing to do is report and document it. CYA just in case that individual does show up. Although I doubt he will because this sort of thing goes on every day where threats are made on the internet. Don’t lose any sleep over this brother.

4 Likes

You said it yourself. You don’t want to. But you will if you have to.

No one in their right mind ‘wants’ to hurt another person - but they will if they’re pushed to it.

If you think they’re a blowhard and making threats with no intention of follow through, then I’d ignore them after reporting them to the platform those threats happened on.

If you think they’re crazy and likely to follow through, then report the incident to the platform and the police.

The amount of effort is grossly disproportionate to pretty much anything that could happen online. Assuming you lived in Texarkana and they lived in Memphis (about the closest you can get between those two states) they would have to get in their car, drive more than 4 hours with the intent to cause you harm regardless of the consequences. You’d have to have done some serious harm to someone to drive them to that level of response - and in most cases that’s just not possible.

3 Likes