Need scientific help for firearm related design project

[Mods, if this doesn’t fit here (or is not appropriate), feel free to move it to an appropriate section (or take it down). Just let me know where the new location is.]

Disclaimer: For educational and design related purposes. Also I’m over 21 years of age.

With that out of the way, hello and welcome. I am looking for someone who has good to significant expertise in scientific topics, specifically the chemical/structural formula of certain materials (e.g: water, heme (blood), plastic, etc…) I am in the middle of a personal firearm related project and part of the process is designing the “artwork”; if you will, that will adorn the firearm. I have a huge portion of the design elements sorted but the final…10-15% is giving me hiccups, namely the structural formula. I have some images below to demonstrate:

The picture below has an image circled in black. This is heme (blood)

Now compare to the actual formula (below) and you see some similarities.

This is what I’m trying to design for my firearm project, but instead of heme, I would like to use any of the following: gunpowder/blackpower, nitrocellulose, nitroglycerin, basically the components of what makes a firearm “go bang” (BTW: there’s a reason for the disclaimer up top)

So to recap, I need someone who can help me make heads and tails of the formulas so as to make the design look good, I want to take the formula of chosen element (second image) and turn it into the first image.
If you need me to clarify anything please let me know.

Thank you all for your patience in reading this and thank you in advance for the help.

For those who are curious: Why the design? It’s part of the theme of the firearm related project, short version: Assassin’s Creed. If you want the long version, pm me and I would be happy to expand on the subject.

1 Like

I’ll bite,

But first what do you get when you have

" NACL + NACL
__

C + C + C + C + C + C + C "

The line represents “over” (hint there)

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

Well, NaCL represents sodium chloride and C would be carbon. I would have guessed some type of chemical explosion/combustion, but the uber-quick Google that I did seems to indicate that that guess would be wrong. So unless you have a joke going on there that I seem not to be privy to, I’m not sure what the answer is…upon further search, if it’s a joke, possibly some variation of a-salt and battery thing. Otherwise I’ve got nothing.

1 Like

Yes it’s a joke
NACL is also known ans Normal Saline Solution or Saline for short

So with that you have “Saline , Saline over the seven C’s” Put on the board first day of Chemistry class to a bunch of sailors.

On to your point, so if I am reading you right you are looking for the Egyptian God Ra (or someone similar) to be holding the molecular structure of Gun Powder of something similar

That’s Nitrocellulose.

And Ra

Add photoshop

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

Sailing over the seven seas…yeah that’s a good one.
Thank you for the post. Now in the “gold” picture the first one posted, it wasn’t nitrocellulose it was heme or blood the reference was to DNA. Also it wasn’t Ra holding the structure, but someone similar I’d be getting off the topic if I expand on this further. Also, I was familiar, somewhat with the structure of nitrocellulose and nitroglycerin. But only what science tells us, I was trying to convert the scientific portion into what the first picture looks like, the structure without the atomic symbols and whatnot.
Kind of something like this when I tried to figure it out on paper: final product to be something like what is to the right side of the atomic structure.

It was just screwing with my mind on how to go about doing this. Thank you though.

…how would you scientifically plug two equations together? Like potassium nitrate with nitroglycerin? Just slap it together or is there a specific way of writing it out? (Talking structurally here)

1 Like

Scientifically I have no idea how to connect two elements or compounds but like most things it would have to have a “bond” like Hydrogen and Oxygen which share electrons in the second orbit to be come stable or more stable. There are a specific number of electrons allowed per electron ring, the one that is missing maximum fill is always looking to bond with something that will fill it and verse visa. Once you know your electron counts you can hunt around the structure to find a “joining partner”.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

Hmm, fair enough. Thank you for the help.

1 Like