Need help to find a scope for a J.C. Higgins 31 rifle

Does anyone know what scope and/or mounting kit can be used for the J.C. Higgins 31 rifle? Just brought one today, did a test fire, and now waiting for the 3 day waiting period. Since it can hold 17 rounds of 22lr it is my new “assault” rifle.

4 Likes

Here is one option. The Mod. 60 has the same narrow rail. :us:

5 Likes

1. RWS Lock Down Scope Mount with Integral 1" Rings Rimfire and Airgun Gloss
    RWS Lock Down Scope Mount with Integral 1" Rings Rimfire and Airgun Gloss

46 Reviews

List Price:

$34.99

Our Price:

$25.99

Available

3 Likes

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Hi Fortune Cookie. See a lot of your thoughtful YouTube videos on various shooting topics. Seems we have lots of the same interests. Thanks for putting in all the hours helping people.
I do have a question about this video. Having myself several M60 Marlin variants (including the actual Model 60 itself). I also own a J.C. Higgins 29, 30 and 31. The mounting dovetail on my J.C. Higgins rifles is narrower than your standard 3/8” dovetail, found on my Marlin rifles. A standard 3/8” dovetail mount is actually never going to work at all on those J.C. Higgins models. I tried one of those mounts like you show in your video on my J.C. Higgins rifles and it is too big to fit the dovetail. I have not experienced the loose fit of normal 3/8” dovetailed mounts on my Marlin rifles either. My intent is for sure not to start an argument as that’s not the way I “roll”. One of my J.C. Higgins rifles came with a small diameter tube scope already mounted and it fits just fine.

Those rifles are one of the most stylish semi-auto .22’s out there if you ask me. If that mount actually fits a J.C. Higgins M29, 30 or 31 rifle, I would like to know. Just about every J.C. Higgins owner would like to know. These rifles were made by Hi-Standard but the “real” Hi-Standard company went out of business a long while ago. So, once again, not trying to start an argument but have been on a fact finding mission to find a reasonably priced mount to fit mine and a friend’s J.C. Higgins rifles going on 5-years now.

1 Like

@Calvin34 Welcome to our community, we are glad t have you with us. :slightly_smiling_face:
P.S. This is why I only buy and shoot Ruger 10-22s. :+1:

Welcome to the family brother @Calvin34 and you are in the right place at the right time.

I found mounts that work at Second Amendment Sports, Warne Maxima 722M

1 Like