National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act | USCCA Blog

Welcome @Michael1494! I’m not sure of the context of each of the decisions but am familiar with a few of them. The initial premise that the we as citizens are subject to the laws of both the United States and the State in which we reside is somewhat correct but it isn’t that simple. If I leave Kentucky and go to Indiana, I am subject to Indiana law. If a noncitizen is in Kentucky, he is subject to Kentucky and federal law. It is true that almost every person in a US state or territory is subject to both the laws of the federal and state/territory law. The laws generally apply to citizens and non citizens alike based on the location of the person.

2 Likes

please supply me an email address that allows me to reply

1 Like

This is a public forum so posting an Email address is probably ill advised. There is a way to privately message someone but I don’t know how. :frowning_face:

I fingered it out!!! :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

thank you, kindly

2 Likes

It took me a moment to figure out how to use this Blog -

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the Truth,

he can no longer be mistaken, or he is no longer honest.

Justice John Marshall Harlan in which he predicted much of what has occurred: " The idea prevails with some, indeed it has found expression in arguments at the bar, that we have in this country substantially two national governments ;

• one to be maintained under the Constitution, with all of the restrictions;
  • the other to be maintained by the Congress outside and independently of that instrument, by exercising such powers as other nations of the earth are accustomed to…

Firstly, MikeBKY, allow me to sincerely and profusely ‘thank’ you for your response. In over a hundred plus emails I’ve sent to various nationally known organizations to their attorneys, YOU ARE THE FIRST TO RESPOND. So, ‘thank you’.

RESIDE is the key word - do you know the definition of ‘residence’?

" “Resident” means an individual domiciled in the District at any time during the taxable year, . . . "

Are any of the several states ‘within the freely associated compact states’ in or part of a ‘District’?

Are there more Districts than the ‘District of Columbia’?

Simply put, a ‘Resident’ or one who ‘resides’ ‘within the freely associated compact states’ is, in law, Domiciled ‘within 10 miles of the Seat of Power, territories, possessions or enclaves of the United States.’ Article 1, Section 8, Clause 17.

US vs. Valentine 288 F. Supp. 957 “ The only [singular/‘only’ - are there not many Rights in the Bill of Rights?] absolute and unqualified right of a United States citizen is to residence within the territorial boundaries of the United States,

Wheeling Steel Corp. v. Fox, 298 U.S. 193, 80 L.Ed. 1143, 56 S.Ct. 773. “ Therefore, the U.S. citizens [citizens of the District of Columbia] residing in one of the states of the union, are classified as property and franchises of the federal government as an “individual entity.”

Hendrick v. Maryland S.C. Reporter’s Rd. 610-625. (1914) “A “US Citizen” upon leaving the District of Columbia becomes involved in “interstate commerce”, as a “ resident does not have the common-law right to travel , of a Citizen of one of the several states .”

Maxwell v Dow, 20 S.C.R. 448, at pg 455; “… the privileges and immunities of citizens of the United States do not necessarily include all the rights protected by the first eight amendments to the Federal constitution against the powers of the Federal government .”

City of Dallas v Mitchell, 245 S.W. 944 “The rights of the individuals are restricted only to the extent that they have been voluntarily surrendered by the “citizenship” to the agencies of government.”

Houston v. Moore 18 U.S. 1, 33 (1820) “Every citizen of a State owes a double allegiance; he enjoys the protection and participates in the government of both the State and the United States .”

United States v Cruikshank 92 U.S. 542, 551 “It is the natural consequence of a citizenship which owes allegiance to two sovereignties, and claims protection from both…He owes allegiance to the two departments, so to speak, and within their respective spheres must pay the penalties which each exacts for disobedience to its laws. In return, he can demand protection from each within its own jurisdiction .”

The state and federal constitutions ARE AN ESTOPPEL - A BAR - against government to even address any of the enumerated and unenumerated Rights of The People. I promise you - a team of people I provide oversight to have stopped ‘This State’ from proceeding against their Students simply by demanding the prosecutor to establish upon the courts record, authenticated evidence, of the Territorium and Personam Jurisdiction of both parties. The courts simply won’t go there.

What happens if you were to do this for any of your members?

You would be pulled into Chambers and warned never to go there - first the warning is gentle and depending upon your willingness to push the issue, next would be the threat of disbarment, and should you become very aggressive, your very life will be threatened.

My associations go into places you may only dream of enjoying, names you recognize in the headlines daily - this is not bravado, this is fact.

If you would like a private conference call with a few of my closest associates, I could make that happen if you are willing.

Yours in Freedom

Michael Edward

We Mutually Pledge To Each Other Our Lives, Our Fortunes And Our Sacred Honor …

The men who signed the Declaration of Independence

1 Like

The definition of “resident” you quoted is from the income tax code for the District of Columbia so the “district” in the statute is specifically referring to the District of Columbia. Likewise, Article 1, Section 8, Clause 17 is also specific to the formation of the District that will be the seat of the federal government which became the District of Columbia.

I am not sure what your point is in either of your messages. The US Constitution is one of enumerated powers and Congress can only make laws that are “necessary and proper” to fulfill those enumerated powers. States, however, maintain all other powers, commonly known as police powers; the power to enact laws for the general health and welfare of the people. Quoting and citing cases from SCOTUS and other state and federal courts without putting them in to some context does not bring context to your comments.

You posts seem somewhat cryptic. Tell us what you are trying to say, preferably in plain English.

5 Likes

While I hope that national reciprocity will become the norm in all 50 states, I’m not putting my faith that it will in all places especially in areas like L.A. County in CA. Unfortunately for some of us, we need to “violate” our local unjust/illegal mandates and “laws” to abide by our most basic right to bear arms and hence defend ourselves and loved ones. It’s either that or putting ourselves and loved ones at risk of injury and/or death.

1 Like

Congratulations Sir.:heart:

2 Likes

I support My Father’s Holy Book also, but that’s the problem…most don’t think about Our Next Eternal Home. That’s a place where No one will Ever Escape the horrors of one’s life through Death. Hebrews 12:29. Read for yourself who Our Creator really is. And just incase You don’t have this Book it says: “For Our God is a Consuming Fire.” . Meaning He Is “No statue, tree, animal, hard rock or a man who has Trillions”. .:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire: I wish to offend no-one…it’s just A FACT of Life.

1 Like

Keep in mind that it’s not only about the gun they will remove your 2nd amendment rights if you’re carrying the unapproved ammunition as well. Some states do not allow hollow point bullets, even though there is less of a chance of them passing through into something else. And other states don’t allow any type of bullets that may fragment, even though the wound cavity is larger causing more bleeding that will stop the threat sooner. It’s like their more concerned about criminals getting hurt then bystanders and victims. Oh that’s right, that’s exactly how they look at it.

1 Like

Welcome to the family brother @Matt81 and you are in the right place at the right time.

2 Likes

Notice that the remark was addressed to @Seth21 and @Scott272 replied to the remark addressed to @Seth21.

I was on a self prescribed break from social media. So I missed this thread. Now that it’s been bumped to my attention. I have a comment. It’s all well and good to be asked, to be courteous and respectful. But it’s not good faith to see someone use our courtesy when they are self evidently using the courtesy we extend to actively troll us. A simple Google Search will show these are quotes lifted straight from “Every Town” concerning reasonable “gun control” talking points.

So, respectfully, to use an euphemism Don’t piss on my leg and tell me it’s raining".

I believe the issue is this poster is using the time honored trolling tactic of “if you can’t dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS”. It’s a fundamentally dishonest tactic of using precedents and language that are not relevant to the issues being discussed. So, that their argument seems more learned and authoritative than they would be if stood on their own merits.

2 Likes

Amen MY COW DIED I DO NOT NEED THAT BULL AMEN :100::chile: