National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act | USCCA Blog

It sounds like it would have been better to just chunk that mag over the edge. I glad I’m surrounded by pro 2A states.

1 Like

probably , but being tight [you can guess what I did] only thing is the ramps to bridge are patrolled by “bridge police” as it is considered private property “Delaware river port authority” but yeah you do have a point would have been much easier and time saving

1 Like

I think that it is something we need

1 Like

The idea of a National Reciprocity sounds good but the only way it would work is if:

All States allowed concealed carry, they don’t.

At that point the Federal government could mandate that all States must allow the rights of an Iowan in Illinois to carry as if he were in Iowa. This will never happen.

States rights in this area would supersede Federal Law. Causing a huge entanglement in our Courts.
Whom in Federal government would enforce this reciprocity? FBI, BATF, why would you trust these organizations after what has transpired in the last 4 years.
I believe it would only be used for a National Registry. Thus allowing the Federal Government to compile a list to confiscate from.
Whenever the Federal Government gets involved in a program it over regulates and taxes the program to death.

I’m not in favor of a National Reciprocity. My idea is to boycott and avoid States that do not allow CC or have reciprocity with Iowa. Its worked for me so far, I’ve been CC for 12 years.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family @Ira3 and you are in the right place at the right time.

Food for thought, @Ira3. I appreciate your perspective.

1 Like

Welcome @Ira3 glad to have you onboard!

I have a small correction to your statement. All states do have CCW of some type.

Illinois concealed carry laws are far newer than in most states. In fact, the state is the last in the nation to allowed concealed carry permits; first allowing the law to go into effect after July 9, 2013. State Police were given 180 days to come up with the new laws.

Illinois was forced by the SCOTUS to adopt legislation.

The next step (not an easy one) is to get all stated to recognize the permit/license of all other states as they do for a drivers’ license.

Likely different specific limitations but, a CCW from Illinois should be recognized in New York with the same rights as a NY CCW.

1 Like

Bringing the federal government into creating the rules for concealed carry reciprocity is likely creating a Trojan Horse for the left to use to stifle EVERYONE’S ability to CC. Many states already accept reciprocity with Florida. I believe it is much safer to work at the state level than create a new area for the federal government’s broad brush to paint many of us out of the picture entirely. History shows an alarming tendency for well-intentioned federal laws to be twisted in foul directions. Better to work with the issue as locally as possible.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Paul441 and you are in the right place at the right time.

Welcome aboard @Paul441

1 Like

Thing to do is stand by for November. That’s when SCOTUS takes up the NY Carry Case. When the court strikes NY down (as I suspect they will)…that when Dems will really move on packing the court.

My point is that will be the time when reciprocity for CCW get to serious consideration.

3 Likes

If the Dems really want to shoot down standing laws they need to pass laws to do away with Constitutional laws. The problem is that they know doing so to historical protected Bill of Rights makes them look extremely bad. Dems are lying thieves. And I’m ashamed I used to be one. Don’t get me wrong here. Republicans aren’t good either. But at least they’re not trying to destroy this great country. I support some Democrat ideas, Republican ideas and libertarian ideas. I support Christian values, not political agendas.

5 Likes

I admit that I was not actively support this house bill, but after my recent trip to Oregon from Kentucky and back, across 13 different states, I was nearly overwhelmed with the effort to remain legal in my travels. (Thank you for the USCCA Reciprocity map. It saved my sanity).
I promise to contact my congressmen and senators to revisit the national reciprocity efforts.

2 Likes

After being shut down on Fakebook, Twitter and Instagram, I blew them off.
The Best new un censored social media platform I’ve used is GETTR!
Everyone who loves their freedom should check it out for themselves. :gun::us::muscle:t3:

1 Like

Just what I need another social media platform!

Thanks but no thanks!

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

The FEDERAL government may only make rules for ONLY federal citizens.

Citizens ‘within the freely associated compact states’ are without their jurisdiction and, therefore, without their thoughts as to how they ‘infringe’ any 2nd Amendment question. - why do you attorneys never bring up Land Jurisdiction or Personam Jurisdiction?

What is the meaning behind these specific court decisions?

Maxwell v Dow, 20 S.C.R. 448, at pg 455; “… the privileges and immunities of citizens of the United States do not necessarily include all the rights protected by the first eight amendments to the Federal constitution against the powers of the Federal government .”

US vs. Valentine 288 F. Supp. 957 “ The only absolute and unqualified right of a United States citizen is to residence within the territorial boundaries of the United States,

Wheeling Steel Corp. v. Fox, 298 U.S. 193, 80 L.Ed. 1143, 56 S.Ct. 773. “ Therefore, the U.S. citizens [citizens of the District of Columbia] residing in one of the states of the union, are classified as property and franchises of the federal government as an “individual entity.”

Hendrick v. Maryland S.C. Reporter’s Rd. 610-625. (1914) “A “US Citizen” upon leaving the District of Columbia becomes involved in “interstate commerce”, as a “resident” does not have the common-law right to travel , of a Citizen of one of the several states.”

City of Dallas v Mitchell, 245 S.W. 944 “The rights of the individuals are restricted only to the extent that they have been voluntarily surrendered by the “citizenship” to the agencies of government.”

Wadleigh v. Newhall, Circuit Court N. Dist. Cal., Mar 13, 1905 “Civil rights under the 14th amendment are for Federal citizens and not State Citizens; Federal citizens, as parents, have no right to the custody of their infant children except subject to the paramount right of the State.”

Perry v. United States, 294 US 330, 353 (1935), “The Congress , as the instrumentality of sovereignty , is endowed with certain powers to be exerted on behalf of the people in the manner and with the effect the Constitution ordains. The Congress cannot invoke the sovereign power of the people to override their will as thus declared.”

Houston v. Moore 18 U.S. 1, 33 (1820) “Every citizen of a State owes a double allegiance; he enjoys the protection and participates in the government of both the State and the United States .”

Moore v Illinois 55 U.S. 13, 20 (1852) “Every citizen of the United States is also a citizen of a State or territory . He may be said to owe allegiance to two sovereigns and may be liable to punishment for an infraction of the laws of either.”

United States v Cruikshank 92 U.S. 542, 551 “It is the natural consequence of a citizenship which owes allegiance to two sovereignties, and claims protection from both…He owes allegiance to the two departments, so to speak, and within their respective spheres must pay the penalties which each exacts for disobedience to its laws. In return, he can demand protection from each within its own jurisdiction .”

EVERYTHING you are attempting to do ONLY benefits ‘territorial’ or ‘federal’ or U.S. citizens. Why not focus on the Citizens ‘within the freely associated compact states’?

www.AmericansRestoringAmerica.com

Welcome @Michael1494

1 Like

Welcome to the family brother @Michael1494 and you are in the right place at the right time.

Very good question, I and many others have been asking for quite a while. Once a person gets their CCW it should follow along with DL. Being as our CCW in my state does not have a picture we need to show our DL with it

1 Like

Yes ,And with reciprocity, a common set of ROEs for all states

2 Likes