National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act | USCCA Blog

It does make sense, and I appreciate your response. Imo, I don’t think it’s NR that would make your resident permit pointless. People like me that would be visiting would have temporary permission to carry, but we leave after a short period, whereas you permanently reside in said state. The ability to move to NY and transfer my TX permit to a NY permit would make yours pointless. This is the perfect example of a compromise that could have taken place between gov’t and 2A supporters before we just started getting burned… The govt wanted to set standards that have to be met to be “allowed” to carry, some 2A supporters wanted NR, and some 2A supporters wanted Constitutional carry… They could have set a standard, but allowed that standard NR. That way the gov’t gets the required training, money, tracking they wanted, and 2A supporters got NR. Could have set a precedent for compromise, fairness, and acceptance back in the day…

2 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, let’s stop bickering and just sign the petition to try to submit this bill again…It takes a minimal amount of time.
Our ancestors worked hard for this, so let’s do the same.
Maybe it’s my Marine Corps or former law enforcement attitude, but let’s not give up, let’s keep going, submit the bill over and over, until we get what we want and need. DON’T GIVE UP!!!

4 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @GREGG24 and God bless you and thank you for your service.

2 Likes

Thank you brother!

1 Like

YOU WELCOME BROTHER GETTING MY GUN RIGHTS RESTORED MAKING EXCUSES WITH MY DRIVING LICENSE ANY NEGATIVE INFORMATION THAT U WISH TO SPIT IN MY FACE INSTEAD OF DOING WHAT UR TRAINED TO DO GET MY GUN RIGHTS RESTORED BACK TO ME JUST LIKE U WOULD LIKE THEM RETURN TO YA’LL BEING in this LIFESTYLE category THAT some iteot SCREWED up MY GUN RIGHTS RESTORED

I’ve been a USCCA member for nine years, and strongly believe in the importance of the second amendment, the right to concealed carry, and the value of National Concealed Carry Reciprocity (NCCR), but am having a hard time getting behind this campaign. The goal of the campaign should be to convert some of those who are currently opposed, but a check with my more liberal friends shows it’s not doing that. Are we just talking to ourselves?

On the plus side, the USCCA is supporting some positive action, rather than simply throwing rocks at all gun legislation. But we can do better. Let’s recognize that reducing gun death is important to a sizable majority of Americans and promote legislation that will do that.

NCCR is an excellent example, but only marginally for the reasons the USCCA espouse. Lawful use of a concealed weapon to protect a life is a marvelous outcome, but of minor statistical significance by itself, and even less so when tied to NCCR. It appears that a majority of firearm deaths are suicides, and another significant fraction (particularly among minors) are negligence. Let me call attention to how NCCR, if done right, can reduce these two plagues.

Living in Massachusetts, I saw gun regulation gone totally overboard, with many undesirable consequences. Now living in Arizona, I’ve witnessed the opposite, with too little regulation. When I first arrived here, a CCW was required. Nothing wrong with that. Arizona is the third state in which I’ve taken a CCW class, and each time I’ve learned something, met other interesting members of the “gun culture”, and found out about hunting opportunities and resources for additional training. Now, a CCW is not required here, and class attendance is way down. NCCR should reverse that. For NCCR to work, it should provide incentive for states to provide uniform, if not mandatory, gun safety and legal education.

Thus, NCCR potentially brings the benefit not of more gun owners, but of better-trained, more safety-conscious gun owners. This could do a lot more to prevent gun deaths than simply the ability to carry a weapon across state lines. Even those who have no intention of carrying can see the value of this.

As pure speculation, I’d also observe that the folks I’ve met taking weapons training (not just CCW), those I’d call part of the “gun culture”, are very different from the isolated, anti-social descriptions I’ve read of mass murderers. Is it possible that some training could help connect some individuals with our community? How can that hurt?