NASCAR Shifts on Guns, Rejects Ad Showing Semiautomatic Rifle

1 Like

NASCAR is slowly going anti-firearms? I wonder what their audience base will think of that. Do you watch NASCAR, @RocketPak?

1 Like

Sometimes, if nothing else is on .

1 Like

my hubby is a nascar guy… he’s not going to be happy.

1 Like

I am NOT PLEASED!!! :rage: So what are they going to give the winner of the Texas 400 squirt tele-tubbies!

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

I used to watch EVERY NASCAR race. Now, I feel it died coming into the tri-oval at Daytona, on February 18th, 2001.

3 Likes

I was a huge NASCAR Winston Cup fan for years… 70s, 80s, 90s. When it started going too Hollywood for my liking, I slowly stopped following. They’re trying to hard to win back fans and caving to the left to do it. They are on the way out. I casually watch now. But not a real fan anymore.

2 Likes

Wait… would that even work?
Thatd be like trying to get me to be a fan of the carbon credits scheme by by putting a cowboy hat on it.

That’s what I was thinking too, @Zee. It feels like their base would be more conservative, blue collar type people.

Stepping back I guess that goes across both “sides” of the aisle. :thinking:

2 Likes

Hey Zee. NASCAR grew up as a southeast regional sport but in their quest to grow, they expanded to areas outside the south more in line with the left including California, and the northeast (yes I’m talking a while ago but) Some of their biggest stars tweet left leaning ideology. Dale Jr. was all for the nfl’s national anthem protest as well as against the rights immigration positions. Danica was known for promoting the benefits of government for some issues like healthcare (I think it was). I think she also was buds with the Obama whitehouse(?). Junior Johnson no less was a vocal supporter of Obama, while Brad K supported the Anthem protest as well. NASCAR also came out against the Religious freedom act a while ago. I followed Dale Jr and saw his tweets. Some of this other content came from an article on the web a bit ago… I think Ranker. It’s no longer a southeast sport. Don’t forget, they only turn left… except on a road course.

1 Like

I just blame all the left turns in NASCAR… It was bound to happen. :grinning:

2 Likes

It seems like the list of companies who aren’t giving in to pressure from the anti gunners is basically down to nothing. Truly sad. I just wish they would focus on the real problems…

Bet they still advertise alcohol though…just sayin, like it’s never lead to senseless tragic deaths…

1 Like