My Spidey senses kicked in yesterday

I noticed you did not mention doorbell cam or cameras at all. They can be pricey but…. We recently installed two on our house… a doorbell and a over garage cam with auto lights. Our particular ones are Nest and the night vision on them are GREAT! And with the purchase of the cloud history on them you can go back and look. Worth their cost for sure. And one more thing….after you asked ‘who is it!?!’ the first time with no response, that is when I would have called 911 and told them so while waiting silently with gun in hand on other side waiting to see the response. We just cannot be too careful anymore.

2 Likes

Agreed, that is quite alarming that not only did whomever it was not leave, they =stayed= and kept testing the door.

3 Likes

True. Very soon all of Illinois will be as bad as Chicago, New York, or California. The only good thing is that CC is shall issue, with no unwarranted restrictions except for the price and the training requirements. Training is a good thing, but it could all be done in 8 hours rather than 16.

A follow up on the night night knocker.
He was strung out on drugs.
Possibly homeless.
Not likely a threat, he could barely stand up.
Of course I didn’t know that
nor was inclined to find out.

3 Likes

Trust your instincts, but also be smart. Good work.

3 Likes

FWIW I installed motion detector porch lights this afternoon. I didn’t burn the house down, and even better, they worked!

5 Likes