My goal for the week of 6/3/19

You’re 42% more likely to achieve your goal if you write it down. You may have seen the thread here about the Dream Boards Tim makes us all create for ourselves - and they don’t have to be work oriented at all.

So I’m challenging all of you to start setting weekly goals and post them here.

Make it a SMART goal:
Specific
Measurable
Achievable
Relevant
Time-bound (we’ll use one week)

What’s your goal for this week?

5 Likes

Two half hour trips to the range with the p89. Speed /accuracy drills, Work on eye dominance.
Pick up new EDC.

2 Likes

Finish clearing yard debris
Clean the shop

2 Likes

Mow the yard
Start eating healthier(today)
Clean out the backseat of my truck

2 Likes

Can you make that one measurable, @45IPAC? For example, eat 3 vegetables and 1 fruit every day? Or Limit coffee to 1 cup a day?

1 Like

My three goals are:

• to get laundry done and put away by Friday. The put away part always kills me. :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Spend 1 hour on the range working on multi-shot drills.
  • Play fetch/walk dogs at least 30 minutes each day.
1 Like

1 soda a day
Only 2 biscuits instead of three
No potato chips on break at work.

2 Likes

Goal #1 as a born again Christian, i will get deeper into scripture and learn more of what is said.
Goal #2 get closer to family, understand their needs before I make mine known
Goal #3 stay in AC for as long as I can… It’s hot here in the south… lol

3 Likes

I’ll challenge you to make your goals more measurable as well, @Joey.

Are you wanting to read a certain amount every day? Or a spend a certain amount of time?

Do you have a specific subject you’d like to focus on for this week with them? Or have x number of conversations with each family member this week?

I was in TN last weekend and almost melted - I’m good with this one. :rofl:

2 Likes

Yard debris got rained out, plan B finish shelves in gun room.

Made great headway. Few more to go then clean up the disaster I made making room for the improvements.

20190603_210921

2 Likes

Sorry Dawn but I have to limit my goals to two right now:

1. Work on the bar (I am building a rolling dry bar for my oldest daughter’s wedding present at her request) each day for at least an hour. I have until Jun 27th to have it completed. (the wedding is on the 28th and she wants to use it at the reception and then take it home).

2. Stay caught up on all the posts in the community each day and add my advice (or poke with a stick) when I can.

2 Likes

Hey, she’s getting married on my birthday. :clap::clap::clap: Congrats to the happy couple.

4 Likes

Since there’s a DOT Blitz going on for the next few days my main goal is to stay on the back roads as much as I can as I’m still learning the new computer program they just installed on my truck. My other goal is to help out those who need it as we have so many new drivers out here daily that needs to be trained better than what the schools are doing and try to teach them the ways of old school getting things done.

2 Likes

Two goals are plenty, @DBrogue! Love that they’re measurable!

1 Like

So I’ve done one of my three goals so far this week - I’ll be doing a LOT of laundry tonight and hitting the range Saturday, nothing like a little procrastination! :woman_facepalming:

How are you doing on your goals @Zee, @Sheepdog556, @45IPAC, @Joey, @DBrogue, @Damon?

1 Like

@Dawn I was able to dodge all the inspection stations and was able to help get the new drivers on the back roads and off the interstates to help them avoid the inspection stations as well. :100: completed my tasks. :joy::joy:

1 Like

One range trip on Tuesday, 2nd will be noon tomorrow. Pick up my new EDC on Saturday :star_struck:
Already got the holster :smile:

1 Like

Shop got done, yard got done and gun room is a few shelves away and then the clean up. But itll have to wait. We leave for Michigan tomorrow am.

Goal wise I feel good about where I got.

2 Likes

27 1 The Lord is my light and my salvation- whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life- of whom shall I be afraid? 2 When the wicked advance against me to devour[1] me, it is my enemies and my foes who will stumble and fall. 3 Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then I will be confident. 4 One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. 5 For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock. 6 Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the Lord.

7 Hear my voice when I call, Lord; be merciful to me and answer me. 8 My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, Lord, I will seek. 9 Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, God my Savior. 10 Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me. 11 Teach me your way, Lord; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors. 12 Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes, for false witnesses rise up against me, spouting malicious accusations. 13 I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lordin the land of the living. 14 Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord

3 Likes

Goal# 2 my family and I just got back from Vicksburg Ms… Went to the battlefield out there, we enjoyed ourselves, learned a lot about those who fought and died at this battle. And learned about each other while talked about home life. One step at a time, but it was fun.

3 Likes