Music that moves you (Slow Dance)...any theme but has to mean something to you...a memory...a feeling...lyrics with meaning...

@William591 Oh Yeah! love those…

1 Like

Yacht rock, you say

6 Likes

My Pandora stations are pretty much the same easy listening except for Coldplay

3 Likes

@BeanCounter I love a lot of those too…especially Kenny Loggins. Air Supply…

1 Like

Pandora has a curated channel 70s Lite Rock Radio that covers most of your artists under one stop- like putting it in shuffle.

Sirius/XM has Yacht Rock and The Bridge that cover many of these plus++

Can’t believe you don’t have Firefall on your list too.

3 Likes

if you want to move forward a decade or more; try this one:

5 Likes

@William591 Sometimes I know the song but can’t place the artist. I do know Firefall now that I connect the dots.

1 Like

Ah yes! Love that one!

1 Like
8 Likes

My last post on this topic, less than 20 years ago: Evanescence - My Immortal (Official Music Video) - YouTube

3 Likes

I prefer artist-specific channels to avoid monotony.

Not listed because I haven’t tuned in recently using my iPhone are Herb Alpert :saxophone: and Henry Mancini :musical_keyboard: However, they get heavy rotation when using my mini Google or Alexa device.

Spandau Ballet was huge during my teen years so that’s one of my favorites but I’m a Duranie :wink:

2 Likes

Spot on

1 Like

@BeanCounter I could sing every one of those word for word. What a good article!

2 Likes

I guess it will be a Dan Fogelberg weekend starting with Home Free and finishing with No Resemblance What so Ever; maybe even the multi CD anthologies. Not going to break out the vinyl versions.

Thanks for the web article.

2 Likes

@William591 @BeanCounter
Its always a good day when Dan sings…
I didnt know he had a 2nd album with Tim Weisberg. OMG. How did I miss this? Now, I can pretend it is a new album of his and he is still here…
I love Home Free. All of those drawings are his artwork too. “To the Morning” I cry.
The song “Nexus” says it all… In a spiral never ending are we drawn toward the source…
Ghosts… “Silently the night comes stealing, like the taste of some forbidden sweet…”

Yesssssss, it will be a weekend with Dan… :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Glad to spread some the joy of a new discovery to a true fan!
For a great Home Free cover- try Alison Krause & Union Station’s version of Stars from New Favorite- timeless song

2 Likes

@William591 Thanks. I never heard her version. I like her voice but for me, no one does his songs better than Dan himself!

1 Like

very true.

I does amaze me that a song from 1972; from a relatively publicly unknown album, can make it to a country/bluegrass group’s album in 2001. The excellence and genius shines on.

2 Likes
5 Likes

George Benson, Love it!!

2 Likes