Much respect for 13 fallen in Afghanistan

:us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us:

4 Likes

:us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: And Ashli Babbitt. :us:

3 Likes

Rest well Max, you are not forgotten. Much as the iconic image of the Marines at Mt Suribachi still stands that image is also of a Hospital Corpsman . Arm in arm, shoulder to shoulder yet walking a different path.

As I reflect the mantra comes to me

CORPSMAN:
Usually young,
Long haired,
Bearded,
Marine hatin’ Sailor,
That will go through the very gates of hell to get to a wounded Marine.

They call me Doc

Remember the 13. Cheers,

Craig6

5 Likes

Rodger that remember the 13 and all our other fallen

2 Likes

@Craig6,
That is an awesome video brother. It’s emotional. Says it all.

1 Like

I agree, that is the way I’ve been putting the flag postage stamps on my mail.

1 Like

Amazing pics all of them. Semper Fi you guys and thank you. My brothers gave selflessly and our elected officials dropped the ball knowing the cost. This remains to be a sore topic along with September 11 2001.

2 Likes

After the Islamic State affiliate’s suicide attack that killed more than 180 people, including 13 U.S. service members, the Taliban increased its security around the airfield. The Thursday attack, which wounded another 18 American troops, (WHICH YOU DON’T HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT) marked the deadliest US casualty event there in Afghanistan in almost a decade.
The last major loss was “Extortion 17,” was shot down a CH-47F on Aug. 6, 2011. All 38 passengers aboard Extortion 17, including 30 U.S. military personnel, eight Afghans and a U.S. military working dog, were killed after the transport helicopter was struck by a rocket-propelled grenade. Extortion 17 was attached to a mission to capture or kill a senior Taliban leader, Qari Tahir, near Kabul, Afghanistan. Among the American passengers, 17 were U.S. Navy SEALs, including 15 Special Warfare Development Group, also known as SEAL Team 6 or DEVGRU. Just three months before the crash, SEAL Team 6 had risen to prominence for its involvement in the raid to take out Al Qaeda terrorist leader Osama Bin Laden. It may seem that at times the Taliban intelligence sources are better than ours or as Pentagon’s John Kirby who released a statement that only confirmed the document leak was legit. “Permission to shoot was requested and was denied by the Taliban. Because we are in this process of negotiating with the Taliban who aren’t even in control of their own government or their own people.” May God help all of US!

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @John110 and you are blessed to be here.

Two questions everyone should be asking right now:

• For how long in advance did we have eyes on the Kabul bomber prior to his arrival at HKIA?
  • Who issued the stand down order to the Predator drone operator that had a lock on the Kabul bomber?
3 Likes

Please trust, rely, and depend on Jesus, He Loves Everyone; God is REAL. Jesus Promised, NEVER
to leave you behind and Jesus has been to hell for us all and returned Victoriously just for you.
The Keys of Life and Death were taken from the enemy and the Blood of Jesus washed our Sins away.

Maybe God Richly Bless Everyone of You, Friends, Lost Love Ones, Families !

4 Likes

@William_H I am not an overtly religious kind of guy. God and I talk on a regular basis but I am not partial to organized religion even though it seems to benefit my wife. I respect your words and thank you for them.

I spent 22 years of my life going places I never heard of before and doing things that should not be mentioned in polite company. Part of that was putting young men in bags to be sent home. Part of it was putting young men back together enough to get them to somebody that had time to “fix” them. On occasion it was making the bag guys die for their belief before they could hurt one of my team. I don’t regret any of it and would do it again even knowing and living with what I know now. Somehow I got through all of that without collecting an Enemy Marksmanship Medal. My Dad got 7 of them in Vietnam and told me there was no reason for anyone in the next 6 generations should ever get one, he paid it forward.

I would submit that the 13 who fell (one I I knew personally) that we should remember and celebrate them. For the 18 who are now facing the trials of “living through it” should be where our thoughts, prayers and even our dollars should be focused. Then there are the 20 - 30 that “walked it off” with minor wounds. These are the folk that can actually benefit from our help.

Cheers,

Craig6

5 Likes

Hooah from Army OORAH Marines :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us:

2 Likes