Moving Day With Guns

Thanks all! I will keep them with me in the trunk and drive super-nice!

6 Likes

And dont be like those FBI SWAT guys who left their automatic weapons in their SUV and found them missing in the morning.

3 Likes

And now they are gone! Straight into the hands of those who will kill with them. Just like Obama’s gun tracking scheme.

2 Likes

STOP!, Do not even think about doing anything Illegal!!! The McClure Volkmeyer Act of 1986 / Firearms Owners’ Protection Act ](https://www.congress.gov/bill/99th-congress/senate-bill/49) Makes it COMPLETELY LEGAL for you to LEGALLY transport your personal firearms from one fixed place of abode (Home) to another…

Contact your local ATF Office if you have any questions. From Fl to Ga should not be an issue, since your guns are not prohibited in either state (it is not like you are bringing handguns to NY, NJ, or DC. Just unload them, lock them in your trunk, keep the ammo separate and take them to your new home.

****THIS IS COMPLETELY LEGAL!!!

4 Likes

You state that you have a GA CCW. If GA is your state of residence and you are over 21, FLA. should recognize your GA permit, so hand carrying them yourself is your best bet. There is no need to ship them FFL to FFL, and trusting them to a mover is definitely not a good idea. And as for the Firearm Owners’ Protection Act (USC Title18 P926A), the Federal protection has been read to apply only to the intervening states in a journey, and not to the departing or destination states.

(Disclaimer: I am not an attorney and this is not legal advice.)

4 Likes

I recently moved in Florida. Movers will not touch your firearms or ammo (and a bunch of other explosive stuff). Most say so on their websites. They moved my 600 lb. safe after seeing it was empty.

1 Like

“Trusted to movers” might be the new “lost in a boat accident.” :wink:

4 Likes

Good topic! I’m moving soon as well. My plan is to carry unloaded gun in locked safe in trunk secured with cable around the back seat metal. Will bring ammo in lock box as well. I can transport unloaded firearm in my new state legally. Already spoke to two USCCA instructors about getting LTC there. Won’t be fun but it will happen! Trust movers?? OHN!

3 Likes

I came across this, today, on a different group, and thought it MIGHT be appropriate??? How I conceal my ammo 😂🤣💅🏻 - YouTube

1 Like

I think I would keep them with me so I can keep an eye on them.

3 Likes

“State trooper apprehends dangerous felon with mobile arsenal. Live at 5”

As a wily state trooper who loves civil asset forfeiture and the goodies that brings my department, I keep a keen eye out for moving trucks and personal vehicles that follow; . They’re always up to something suspicious.