Movies you been watchin that you recommend

They’re doing gods work, IMHO.

have not seen it yet but watched all the previous films and enjoyed em…

this one looks like it stays with the form???

3 Likes

Skyfall to me was the pinnacle of the Bond films. Really liked it. No Time to Die was pretty meh…

Amazon’s “The Tomorrow War” I really really enjoyed. Scie Fi had taken a nose dive for a while until this came out.

For a series, I really liked “The Expanse”
For South Korean, I got hooked on “The Squid Game” series. That was brutal but good.

1 Like

I just finished Bosch: Legacy

I only found out couple weeks ago that I could stream it for free on freevee

Now, resumed watching Endeavour, one season left while waiting for the series finale.
Then, Inspector Morse followed by Inspector Lewis. Enough to keep me busy.

2 Likes

Rented then purchased Top Gun Maverick, no blue screening here. The extras on the Blu-ray were quite impressive!
I can understand why it was a box office hit, we ran out of superheroes! The country needs one!
Superman flew the coup, Batman fizzled out, Spider-Man got hung out to dry, Ironman melted away!
The country needs a true patriotic national hero!
Caesar Augustus Ronaldus DeSantis 2024 !

3 Likes
  1. “Memory”, Amazon Prime. I forget what it’s about though.
  2. Strange, and a little out there, but the two main actors are good- “Night Sky” (series 8 episodes) Amazon Prime.
1 Like

A little sci-fi, Glitch, an Aussie tv series.

Some sci-fi too, Into The Night, I think it’s German. Started slow but got me hooked. It’s like Jericho.

1 Like

if you want to watch a movie that shoes you how sick weirdwood is watch the new Olivia Wilde movie I think its there take of Epstein island very weird

From another Thread someone mentioned “Nobody” with Bob Odenkirk. Aside from various firearm inaccuracies in performance and handling we have become accustomed to, it does have a massive automobile inaccuracy as well. In spite of that my wife and I loved it. Good movie, a lot of fun to watch.

Another movie that is dubbed is “The Tunnel,” a Norwegian film. You will not want to drive through a tunnel ever again.

Like SciFi? If you liked “Stranger Things” try the Netflix series “Dark.”

2nd that on “The Expanse.” The author of the books put a lot of thought into it! Awesome acting, phenomenal storyline, and great special effects. Also very political, found myself siding with the Belters and the Martians, not the Dirt Siders (although they do come around.)

1 Like

If you like Yellowstone and sci-fi, Outer Range

I’m not a fan of Star Trek on tv but I like Chris Pine the actor and his movies. Hope he returns for one more turn as Captain Kirk.

3 Likes

If you binge watch it’s like a movie. I like Avenue 5 on HBO. Laugh my a$$ ogg every episode.

1 Like

Saw this one way back… guess you could say this was her coming out film? Reeces Witherspoon plus Kiefer Sutherland

very different film IMHO… opinions welcome…

2 Likes

The Warriors, my grandson discovered it on youtube, so we’ve been watching it just about every time he comes over. I’ll have to introduce him to “Escape from New York”. One of my all time favorites. Just about anything from M. Night Shamalon?, I probably butchered that spelling. Kind of woke sometimes but I can ignore some wokeness. All the Vigilante movies. Bronson was the best. I wish I could remember the names of some movies that we watched over the winter. The yellowstone series and spin-offs.

1 Like

In addition to John Wick 4, I watched an oldie but goodie recently. Murder in the Garden of Good and Evil. Takes place in a great city, Savannah, with marvelous local characters and atmosphere. It also has a gun safety lesson.

2 Likes

Rewatched John Wick 3 this morning and then went to see part 4 at the theater. It does not disappoint. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

The Night Agent on Netflix. 10 episodes.

1 Like

Some of you may have seen it when it first came out but I just discovered Picket Fences, gave season 1 episode 1 a chance. I love it❗️
Delighted to see young Kathy Baker who became my favorite in Tom Selleck’s Jesse Stone movies.

1 Like

Agreed. I read all the books and watched the series. That’s how you do good story telling and not screw it up.

2 Likes

Just finished watching Sicario, Deadpool and John Wick 3,
prepping for John Wick 4.

@John1283 Awesome book when it came out, finished in two days.
Lot of true elements in that story! Unforgettable characters!

3 Likes