More Dakka: Movie gun tropes FTW. Or why you should not study at the Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy

It was a long day and I was looking for something to make me laugh, so I headed over to tvtropes for a little firearms entertainment.

TVtropes takes on all the goofy or exaggerated or cliche things that happen in movies because the directors think we’re kinda dumb or, well, because MOVIES.

Here are some of what I’m finding funny tonight:

And of course - Guns Do Not Work That Way https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GunsDoNotWorkThatWay

Dive into the links on the pages while you’re there - always more entertainment to be had on that site. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

TV Tropes is a favorite! So much stuff there but be aware…it can really ruin your favorite movies and tv shows. Kinda like Big Bang Theory ripped Raiders of the Lost Ark.

1 Like

brilliant!
thx!
:clap:

1 Like

Ahhh. All of my childhood favorite things. Namely the dual wielding of guns(Snake Pliskin, and Dante from Devil May Cry) and the BFG(Terminator 2, and Predator anyone). I still catch the “movie goofups” when I watch.

1 Like

This topic is dangerous! It sucked me in for way too long! :slight_smile: Oh the memories of these pop culture references!

1 Like

:laughing: there’s endless rabbit holes on that site … I studied movie making some in college so I always see this kind of stuff when I watch them… but seeing the tropes lampooned so thoroughly is the best! :laughing:

1 Like

Imperial Stormtroopers are said to be very precise and dangerous.

Imperial Stormtroopers are shown to be completely inept. Not even teddy bears armed with spears are stopped by Stormtroopers. And George Lucas says they’re supposed to be the Americans. Makes you want to go binge watch Star Wars, doesn’t it?

1 Like

The stormtroopers are supposed to be the Americans? Really? (I started googling, but thought I’d use my time better if I just asked instead of going down a Star Wars rabbit hole at work. :slight_smile: )

1 Like