Millennials Surpassing Baby Boomers as Gun Buyers, Enthusiasts

And so, the torch is passed to the next generation…

9 Likes

Further proof, if any is needed, that young brains are not fully developed until they reach their early 30s.

5 Likes

Not sure if it’s brain development, or adequate life experience to realize that theory isn’t reality and in that reality, you’re on your own

8 Likes

Ha ha, yeah, just enough life experience to realize your professors were full of crap.

4 Likes

I think people are starting to understand the answer to the question “What if you dialed 9-1-1 and nobody came?”

8 Likes

I think you’re right!

Or, what if they take 20 minutes.

3 Likes
4 Likes

I’m sure the threat of a new weapons ban will only fuel new firearms purchases.
I know I’m rushing some purchases that were on my “some day” list.

6 Likes

Just as a consequence of natural mortality, eventually millennials will surpass baby boomers at everything.

4 Likes

An overreaching government is by far the best advertisement for gun ownership. When people actually see that they are the only ones that can protect them, they start changing their tune rather quickly.

It’s sad because this drives prices on firearms and ammo through the roof. However, it is great to see so many new firearms owners.

2 Likes

It’s like gasoline… the younger generation has no idea how cheap it used to be. :wink:

3 Likes

As you get older you start to see what the world is really like.

3 Likes

I guess i had a very different set of professors? Because if i understand this comment, you imply that professors are teaching anti-gun topics?

I didn’t mean to imply that, but it’s probably true in many cases.
No, I just meant that naïve college students often latch on to a favorite professor(s) and re-wire their brain to match academic reality. Then they get graduate and learn the difference between theory and reality.

Or, unfortunately, not learn at all.

2 Likes

Interesting. That scenario about latching onto a teacher and having a lack of individualism is possibly true. I tend to believe that a teacher/instructor/mentor can bring out individual awareness more than molding the mind. By the time we enter college, often we are pacifists, liberal, isolationist, conservative or lost mostly because of our childhood environment. That has been my experience. And yes, I personally tend to take what someone says or writes as all of what they know. For that is all they wrote or said. Thank you for clarification about what you meant to say.

Background checks, state by state for 2021 and Jan-July 2022.

Midwest for the win!

1. Minnesota
  2. Indiana
  3. Illinois
  4. Kentucky
2 Likes

In 1969 I paid $0.29 a gallon. I just used an online inflation calculator to show that is equal to $2.34 today.
Compare that to what we are actually paying now.

5 Likes

I am guessing that you have never been to college? I mean, if you believe that faculty (instructors, professors & teacher’s) can create a tgunking process by teachung history or presenting facts through research? Then, wow. I had never had such teachers like that in my entire life. I’m 63 years young and still go to school quite often for many reasons. Including firearms training and qualification.