Military Rivalry

Army Dump

My uncle was on subs. He told me the same thing. Damn hard to go AWOL from a sub.

Hard but not impossible. we ā€œlostā€ a guy who fell asleep during a field day. Entire boat didnā€™t get to sleep till we found him. He got to wear bells the rest of the patrol.

2 Likes

True to God story. Iā€™m pulling shore patrol while we are laid over in Ha. Thereā€™s this kind of unglamorous hotel there called ā€œThe Beachcomberā€ 2 big attractions swimming pool has a huge display window so you can see from bar into pool ( could be good, could be bad depending on occupants of pool) and cheap drinks (was owned by Dole, so at one point real pineapple juice came out of the water fountains).

Anyways, Marines were in town as well as Army. Now Navy and Marines love to fights amongst themselves, but they loves even more to woop up on the Army. So call goes out and when we get there the Army guys are all stacked very neatly like cordwood in a corner, we call the MPā€™s tell em we will bring their guys out to em and they can put em in a truck and get them back to transients base. So now itā€™s back to break up the Navy and Marines.

Long story short I get left with the biggest dang bosunā€™s mate Iā€™ve ever seen, who is shot putting Marines all over. Finally had to use leg shackles cause cuffs wouldnā€™t fit and he snapped flexi straints. Fast forward 3 months we are doing war games and xyz condition has been called for all spaces. So I go through door and am locking it behind me (at that time our teams werenā€™t assigned a ship we just went to whatever ship needed us.) as I finish locking that door the one on other side opens and I hear it being locked and I turn around and itā€™s that bosunā€™s mate with what we Navy types like to call a big effing wrench and Iā€™m locked in an 8" by 8" space with

To myself I am like Iā€™m going to be DiRT (dead right there) so I am trying to be casual (his nickname is JEW because those are his initials and He is like "Michael Clarke size, African American actor from ā€œThe Green Mileā€ and as I am trying to go by him he puts the hand with the wrench on my chest and says ā€œI wants to talk to youā€ in about as thick of an Alabama accent as i have. (Internal monologue again I am so dead). So, I said whatā€™s on your mind PO Williams, and he thanks me, for not getting the PD involved and dropping him at his ship.

Inside Iā€™m dancing for joy cause I literally got nothing thatā€™s going to stop him and I told him we got to watch out for each other.

TLDR: Was on SP, had to work a drunk guy over who was literally the biggest human I have ever personally stood next to and he thanked me for it when he had me cornered in an 8" by 8" room

2 Likes