Mexican woman killed while filming fake TikTok abduction

Is a derogatory statement to Mexico as a whole
[/quote]
It is called humor.

How many Mexicans have you polled on their firearm knowledge? You are making an assumption on something you know nothing about. Since, even in the USA, those that are not firearm owners, and it also seems, based on news stories, likely a number that are, do not know the basic rules, since Mexico is essentially - legally - gun-free, it would stand to reason many more of them would not know basic firearm safety, hence the ND resulting in her death. Unless it was a ā€œhitā€ under the guise of a video.

4 Likes

The statistics that I found by searching the all knowing google indicate the the firearms related unintentional death rate per 100k persons is:

.4 per 100k persons in mexico
.15 per 100k persons in the US

Thatā€™s with:
15 guns per 100 inhabitants in mexico &
120.5 guns per 100 inhabitants in the US

Thereforeā€¦Mexico achieves nearly 3 times as many unintentional firearms related deaths while they have approximately 1/8th as many firearms per person.

I believe that is a firearms related accidental death rate that is 24 times as high as the United States when normalized on a per person basis.

While the adjectives and adverbs you select may depend upon your mood and level of sarcasm, the data seems to indicate a lesser understanding (or perhaps respect) of the 4 fundamentals of firearms safety. At least on the surface and as indicated by the results filtered by google.

4 Likes

Reason why I no longer travel to Mexico:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/mexico-travel-advisory.html

3 Likes

Not every joke comes from ignorance or malice. Sometimes itā€™s a joke because itā€™s tragic. While Iā€™m sure they are many fine and decent people in Mexico, that doesnā€™t keep Mexico in general from being a dangerous and corrupt state who is often itā€™s own worst enemy.

4 Likes
  1. Very disrespectful to film fake abductions in Mexico. Mexico struggles with this problem and to make a fake video about it when real people are truly abducted, itā€™s just disgusting. My parents are from Mexico and sometimes we donā€™t visit my family down there because of these real incidents. Stupid and should never have been filmed.

2. Okay fine, you filmed it, but WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU USE A REAL GUN THAT IS LOADED FOR SOMETHING THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE FAKE? Surely there are fake guns out there, this crap didnā€™t have to happen.

3. In the end, the woman died. Prayers to her and her family. Very sad, but very well could have been prevented.

These types of stunts will only keep happening. All for the glory and fame, which inevitably turns into gory and shame.

7 Likes

The point is that Mexico has more ā€œgangsta styleā€ firearm owners than responsible ones.
Thereā€™s completely different firearm culture and human life has different meaning.

Iā€™m not expecting everyone will understand this. Sometimes you have to see something to understand it. Iā€™ve never been in Mexico, but I spent enough time in similar countries.

This particular case was a tragedy, but hard to name it this way if it wasnā€™t even accidentā€¦not neglectingā€¦ For me it was lack of firearmā€™s handling knowledge (named by me as stupidity) - and this we name ā€œlack of 4 safety rules knowledgeā€.

7 Likes

To certain sub-cultures yes, NOT to the entire cultureā€¦

4 Likes

Yes. I agree.
Iā€™ve been refusing visiting Mexico (certain parts) for last 15 yearsā€¦ I have never had this problem traveling through US or Canada (even I know thereā€™s much more firearm owners in US)

5 Likes

I bet you havenā€™t been to portland latelyā€¦

Sorry guys, I couldnā€™t resist hitting that one once it was set up.

7 Likes

you could go off of that statistic if you completely ignore the fact that Mexico has an illegal sub culture that practices heavily in smuggling narcotics and firearms, which are surely not part of said statistics. And knowing that only a small percentage gets detected, it leaves to the imagination of how many firearms does Mexico really possess. So your research is unfounded and inaccurate to say the least.

Like I tell my team, bring me answers not problems.

Your data pleaseā€¦

Sure you canā€™t count the ones that dissapear in a vat of lye, or the get fed to the hogs in back hills Appalachia, but splitting hairs will not change the directional correctness of the information when the disparity is on an order of magnitude as large as 24 times the occurrencesā€¦

Also the data differentiated between homicides and accidental deaths. I doubt that too many of the drug sub-culture firearms related deaths are accidental

Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, it ainā€™t a song birdā€¦

3 Likes

Noneā€¦how about you?

Apples and oranges

True indeed, at the same time not every one can tell the difference. So certain ā€œjokesā€ should not be stated knowing there is a probabilty of offending a large group of people.

Maybe to you, and others who share your humorā€¦but not to everyone.

Maybe you should tell that to the DEA, for some reason they canā€™t stop the flow of drugs coming in, or cash and firearms going out. You make it sound so simple iā€™m sure they could use some tips.

The topic was the 4 fundamentals and firearms safety (apparently mexico versus the u.s.)

International drug flow and the DEA???
Look a squirrelā€¦???

4 Likes

Itā€™s the trafficking and smuggling weā€™re addressing at the moment in dispute of said statistics, which pertains to firearms as wellā€¦but i hear you

My bad. I thought the context was you taking exception to a blanket statement about not knowing the basics of safety in mexico and then discussions on that.

2 Likes

:smiling_imp: latelyā€¦
Portland Timbers is my favorite US soccer teamā€¦ :laughing:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll suggest to stay on the topic. Otherwise we end up with another closed thread on Mondayā€¦ :smirk:

3 Likes

The US has a soccer team??..

3 Likes