Meanwhile at CCW Class

1 Like

That’s a remarkable amount of stupidity or bravery. Can’t tell which. But I can only assume that he knew that was going to end the way it did. Wow.

3 Likes

What’s wrong with that officer’s training… Perp raises a weapon, jump away, got stabbed in the shoulder, disengage already, but no, allows for the 2nd stab, looks like in the neck or head. Could have been fatal.

2 Likes

I don’t mean to make light of this, and wish the injured officer a full and speedy recovery.

That said, we’ve already jokingly talked in this forum about banning hammers. Clearly, screwdrivers need to be included in dangerous weapons bans. And so the circle closes. When we get to banning rocks, the only tool left in the box, will we finally realize what we have given up?

4 Likes

They could have avoided this whole tragic event, had they just let him steal the gun, or better yet, gave him the gun! As I’ve been told you don’t kill someone over stolen property! Just replace the stolen gun, what’s the big deal? :man_shrugging:
This is what some are actually advocating!
Seriously, some are advocating paying the criminal not to be criminals!
All my life I knew crime pays. They don’t even make movies this bad.
We’re not giving up, we’re being whipped into submission. We are being gaslighted by experts.
If you don’t see it clearly, the lunatics are running the asylum! So forgive me for what I see with my own eyes. We all know it, just afraid to do anything about it!
Soon it will be, let them steal your package from your porch, then let them steal your car, then let them steal your home, how far does this rabbit hole go? We are playing right into their hands, good guy is evil, bad guy is good!
We are becoming a community of compromisers!

7 Likes

Once again, the ole bubblehead hit the proverbial nail squarely on the head (with a fully semi-automatic assault hammer).

These are weapons of war…

Mace

Matchlock Pistol

Ohio Class Ballistic Missile Submarine, aka “Boomer.” Carries a heavy payload of Trident II nuclear missiles.

5 Likes

Probably nothing. But there is likely a whole lot wrong with the political climate in which she is required to try to apply that training. “Another unarmed black man just trying to get his CWP killed by racist white cop,” was probably echoing around her head as she tried to decide which tool in her tool kit was most appropriate to the situation for which she would most certainly be second-guessed and Monday-morning-quarterbacked to death ad nauseum as people watched slo-mo video of the incident over and over again in compete safety and comfort.

“There but for the grace of God go I.” Think it over.

4 Likes

My tacti-cool tool box is a weapon.

1 Like

The officers were doing there job. They responded to a call and knew what they were facing. As the officers exited their vehicles the man was just standing there. When they tried to detain him to ask questions he became violent and resisted. He then took a screw driver and stabbed the officer with it. Was the offender using deadly force on the officer? YES. Does the officer have to retreat? NO. The officer was justified in using deadly physical force in this instance. There are a lot of anti-gun, anti- police people that would say, the officer didn’t have to shoot it was a screw driver. WHAT EVER. Those officers and civilians did the right thing and no second guessing on my part.

5 Likes

I meant moving out of perp’s reach, not retreating from apprehending him. This is the only part of the officer’s actions I questioned, not dealing with a stabbing weapon.

2 Likes

When you chase someone across a parking lot and they stop, there’s this thing called the OODA Loop (aka reaction time) between them stopping and you deciding to stop. Then there’s this other thing called momentum carrying you forward toward this person a bit longer (often about 10-15 feet if you were running). This is why we teach “stopping distance” and “following distance” in driving schools. Finally, knives, ice picks, screwdrivers, razors, etc. are VERY easy to conceal and hard to recognize in someone’s hand during a fight. Of course, someone who has never been in a knife fight probably doesn’t know that. It is not uncommon for the first “he’s got a knife!” realization to occur AFTER you’ve been stabbed or cut. And if someone is properly using such a weapon, it will almost certainly be the case. This is why a lot of cops like laws prohibiting the concealed carry of knives, ice picks, shivs, and what not. Other cops understand the risks of arresting free people against their will and don’t want to arrest electricians, plumbers, and carpenters for sticking screwdrivers in their jacket pockets and forgetting about them. And so, here we are.

2 Likes

@Alexander8 I was not questioning your post at all and I understood what you meant brother. :+1::+1:

1 Like

It seems it could be time to shut down or hold responsible, Stanley, Craftsmen and Black & Decker. The sellers of the most dangerous tools on the planet.
Why don’t we shut down banking for Gillete and Schlick!
Fully automatic assault screwdriver!

Crazy fact, more people have died from tools than rifles. It’s time to ban handheld tools!
You realize it’s easier to get a screwdriver or a razor blade than it is to get a computer???
As soon as LEO’s start hesitating, all is lost!

4 Likes