Mayors Against Illegal Guns

I wasn’t aware of the organization before this morning when I read @Dave17’s topic, The Hypocrisy of Gun Control Advocates, about the Rochester, NY mayor whose husband has been arrested on illegal weapons – in addition to several other – charges. The mayor is apparently a member, and so I looked them up to read more. I thought this warranted a topic of its own.

It’s worthwhile making yourself aware of their manifesto, because it contains a lot of politico double-speak about “gun safety” and how to achieve it. What it’s really about is gun control, and ultimately as these organizations typically are, banning guns altogether. It is, at its inception, a Bloomberg initiative.

None of us want to see gun homicides and suicides in our communities, but their “soft” language is frightening in its true meaning. “…temporarily remove firearms from households with individuals in crisis,” “…holding accountable irresponsible gun dealers …,” “Challenge dangerous gun lobby-sponsored laws…,” “…oppose harmful laws, like Stand Your Ground…” [emphasis added]

If you haven’t yet come across this organization that boasts a growing membership “from the smallest towns to the biggest cities in nearly every state,” I’d like to encourage you to learn about them and the threat they pose to our Second Amendment rights.

5 Likes

And the mayor knew nothing about this, in her own home, RIGHT!!!

Unbelievable.

5 Likes

Maybe she joined “Mayors Against Illegal Guns” just to give herself some political cover for the illegal guns she had?

I’m reminded of the classic Archie Bunker line, when his daughter mentioned suicides by gun: “Would it make you feel any better, little girl, if they was jumping out of windows?”

5 Likes

She is either criminally complicit or ignorantly oblivious. Either way she should be disqualified from representing anyone’s interests.

4 Likes

gun control is more about control than it is about guns. If it was about guns, your inner cities would have far less homicides, and I’m betting our states would be more homogeneous in their laws. Those willing to be controlled will be, those unwilling…well, stay vigilant, stay discreet.

1 Like

Interesting information there.

Things like this remind me of:

“Anti-gun” and an arms trafficker. I’m sure his spouse didn’t know about it either.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @Dennis117

2 Likes

Come on man! It is not fair to hold elected officials to the same high standards we should be held to!

And these laws are not about taking your guns, they are about common sense gun safety laws! For the children for %%@! sakes!

Please note, no sarcasm was actually harmed in the typing of this post. :wink:

5 Likes

“If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed.”

Thomas Jefferson
Attributed to Prez. Jefferson but appears to be a corruption from a 1980 speech by Prez. Reagan.
I like it any way. :us:

4 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Dennis117 and God bless you.

The worst about gun control is how everyone ignore the constitution to express their own version of the second amendment for political or power gain.

2 Likes

Dennis, does your SO know everything that’s in your safe?
I am quite sure mine doesn’t. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll bet money your SO isn’t an outspoken gun control advocate either, and that you don’t have 2 kilos of cocaine hidden in your sock drawer. :laughing:

But seriously, to @Dennis117’s point, he was incredulous that she knew nothing about her “long time separated, but agreed to co-parent” husband’s activities.

My wife may not know everything in my safe, but she’s got a pretty good idea what’s there, and that I’m not committing multiple felonies. (I, for the record, don’t know how many pairs of shoes she has, but know she wears them.)

5 Likes