May the 4th be with your accuracy!

May the Fourth be with you! Happy Star Wars Day!

What does Star Wars have to do with self-defense and firearms? Stormtroopers gave us a great example of how to not hit anything. :rofl:

What gun do you think would have helped the Stormtroopers with their accuracy?

7 Likes

Nothing could help them, and to say otherwise would ruin the whole thing. lol

7 Likes

Nothing! They were beaten by a Gurl. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Nice try @USCCA … :joy:
We all know that accuracy doesn’t come with the firearm… it’s the human’s skill… :wink:
BTW: Stormtroopers never used sights. This proves that point shooting sucks :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

The sissies probably couldn’t even improve with a model 41 SW 22lr with optics!

3 Likes

Um, excuse me? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Tell that to someone holding a mini-gun.
For the storm trooper, a Mossberg 590 Shockwave.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Cinnabun Leia.

6 Likes

Maybe an A10 would have given them a better chance.

4 Likes

Shooting gloves

2 Likes

In order to ventilate them? :slight_smile:

1 Like

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: GOTCHA.

1 Like

My young son has already picked up that when Obi-Wan finds the dead Jawas in the original Star Wars, he says the shots are too accurate to be anything but storm troopers. But then storm troopers can’t seem to hit much anytime after that. What gives?

The answer, of course, is that the movie would have ended way too soon if the storm troopers had fried the heroes on the Death Star, so they had to miss. But maybe they would have never found the rebel base if they hadn’t let the heroes escape.

One of the best scenes in the entire Star Wars franchise is from the Mandalorian, when the two scouts are just waiting… waiting… waiting, and decide to take shots at a can in the dirt. It’s great because 1) that’s the kind of stuff bored Soldiers do in real life, when they can get away with it, and 2) they’re spoofing the whole trope about storm troopers being bad shots.

1 Like

Stormtroopers shooting and hitting their targets is akin to monkeys at typewriters reproducing Shakespeare. Ain’t gonna happen.

1 Like
5 Likes

The Fourth will be with you. Always.

The Fourth of July! :stuck_out_tongue:

I like Star Wars, but as with everything else, I’m a bit odd. Leia is my least favorite character in all of fiction, and my favorite movie character is an X-wing pilot.

Revan is awesome, though.

I say it was not the blasters that gave them their problem. I say it was the combination of body armor and helmet. Figure out how they could get a sight picture with all the shielding and that bulky helmet? Some good training might help too.

1 Like

They are all left handed forced to shoot right handed.

1 Like

They seemed to do well enough shooting from the hip when they were boarding the rebel ship at the beginning of Star Wars. This makes me think that there must be some sort of link between the gun and their helmet that superimposes a reticle over their field of view.

Maybe in later scenes, they forgot to re-zero their sights?