Match.com & Guns

It isn’t legal in Virginia, either, with some exceptions. Those being for LE, judges, DAs, and other officers of the state it is legal to be OC or CC and imbibe alcohol. But due to that law allowing that, our law was changed to provide for “restaurant carry” where one can be CC in an establishment that serves alcohol, though still not legal to imbibe alcohol, and for OC it is legal to imbibe, but not be under the influence. Not that I am in any way condoning drinking and firearm use, just mentioning the law. The most ridiculous part is that judges, DAs and others are also not required to have a CC permit or have any other training required of the peasantry. So much for egalitarianism.

3 Likes

Politicians and public servants should be held to a higher standard not a lower one (just my opinion).

5 Likes

And if it doesn’t go well, give her my match.com profile…

3 Likes

So this nicely illustrates Zee’s First Rule of Dating… “Never date a man unless he has bigger brass ones than you do.” :smiley: :laughing: Guys who’s manhood is threatened by my firearms skills or knowledge are just too insecure to be a match for me. :wink:

I consider these early winnowing results to be an excellent filter on who might be a match. Why waste either of our time if you don’t have the goods? Just sayin’ :joy:

FWIW, that filter worked… sometime I’ll tell y’all about my dating expedition which resulted in finding my hubby. Answered his personal ad, first date at a shooting competition, married 20 years.

6 Likes

Yes Zee @Zee when the woman has to protect the guy and has a bigger spine than the guy. A train-wreck is coming down the tracks.:steam_locomotive::steam_locomotive::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car:

3 Likes

I’m with you on that! And I’ve managed to find a rare man who does! :wink:

5 Likes

63 widowed in Massachusetts, I met my match, so far, on Match.com. We spoke a lot before meeting up and I told her everything… Pro Trump, sexual wish list, desire to obtain ltc and carry but I couldn’t scare her off. Her father and brother are NRA members. Just got the ltc, gun and tonight I pick up my club membership card so i can begin training. Sig Sauer P365… been carrying concealed a couple weeks with a round in the chamber. I’m up for the solemn responsibility.

4 Likes

@Zee Where were you 20 years ago??? You coulda saved me a whole lotta pain, anguish, and money! :rofl:

3 Likes

The good ones don’t scare easily :wink:
@Paul36 :laughing: :blush:

1 Like

NO, no, no . . . I want to hear the long story, please?!

2 Likes

Well, not really. That would be stupid. :rofl:
The woman I orginally spoke of is a freakin’ workaholic. When she returned home to the states we went for a great dinner and drinks and then back at her place for more drinks. [Fast forward] >>>>> then in the morning she told me to call her admin to get on her schedule. She didn’t have any free time until Sunday night. No, no, no… I am an attention hound. I also need spontaneity and freedom.
Anyway, I made a good friend but she is not “the one”. So back to Match. I currently have 5 different conversations going on. This is hard. I am going to screw up and make mistakes while juggling whar I said to who and get blocked by all of them. I did find another pro-2a gunner though. She is currently the front runner.
Shall I keep you folks updated? This could be like an episode of “The Bachelor”. :rofl:

4 Likes

Oh, please do! It will be interesting, I’m sure.
And it is hard to run a stable full of fillies. I eventually screwed up between a couple of dates and got myself caught by what I thought I told one of them and what I thought I told another. You really have to be on your game when you’re juggling more than 3 or 4 at a time.
PS: Besides Match, you should try POF (Plenty of Fish) and also Tinder (although Tinder ain’t the hook-up site that people say it is). My luck on POF has been better than on Match (and POF is free!). And Tinder has been a complete bomb and a waste of time.

2 Likes

I met the current man in my life on POF… He’s an amazing person and is great for my family. :blush: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

April 12th my wife and I celebrate 24 years of marriage. We always have each other’s backs. She may not carry, but she can hit the target. She’s at home when I work, knowing she can defend herself takes a big worry off my mind when she’s home alone.

3 Likes

My wife and I met the old fashioned way. A double blind date (she was the other guys date). If you are at this years expo you can ask her about it.

3 Likes

@DBrogue I will be… and I will. I look forward to meeting you both.

UPDATE … And the match.com well has run pretty dry. I am way too picky I guess. When I was younger if the woman didn’t meet my standards, I simply lowered my standards for the night. Besides picky, I guess I am getting too old as well. Or maybe that is actually wisdom? Or discernment? Naw, not my style.

3 Likes

@Zee
20 years? Amateur. Married my wife 46 years ago. Took a trip to see a family friend for the weekend and went shooting most of the second day. She even gave a Winchester chambered in 444 a try. She like rifles better than handguns but she has her own revolver. She is a keeper. wouldn’t rade her for an original colt Python or Anaconda.

2 Likes

Well I had another 20 years married, split between ex #1 and ex#2… took me three tries to get it right. I’m trying to catch up to you :smiley:

1 Like

@Zee I am in the same boat. Third times the charm or Three strikes and your out. :wink:

2 Likes

Update:
New prospect (aka victim) named “Karen”. Been trading messages for several days. She reflects light very well (figure that one out). She has a real estate investment business. She just “won” a pistol in a contest and wants me to help her train and then get a LTC. I was thinkin’ slow down girl… but naw. Use me until I am used up.

2 Likes