Mass shootings obscure daily U.S. gun toll

3 Likes

“…but in others killings are on the rise, particularly from guns”

This was about the only useful paragraph in the entire article in my opinion.

“Victims killed in mass shootings make up about 1% of all those killed in gun homicides nationwide, despite headlines that instill fear in many Americans, said James Fox, a professor at Northeastern University who has created a database of mass killings stretching back to 2006 with The Associated Press and USA Today.

6 Likes

Just confiscate guns from everyone. Solved!

Offering this to you all for free :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh wow, I’m so glad you said this. And I thought it was going to be hard!

5 Likes

I gather we need to employ that strategy for “illegal” drugs, too. I am sure it will obtain the same results. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

For drugs, it is a simpler problem. We have what, 80 million gun owners in this country, I imagine the count of people using hard drugs is a LOT less. So we could use them as a test group, and just scale up. Start with F15s, and if insufficient, then go to nukes?

5 Likes

Just Say No to Guns😉

6 Likes

Yes, every day I have to tell them no as they attempt to walk out the door and commit mayhem. Oh, wait, that is what the Left believes. My firearms have done far less harm, even to paper targets, than an Antifa or BLM member during the 2020 Summer of Love. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Well, MY guns just sit there looking all cute, innocent and sweet!

7 Likes

Nice looking family… the papa, mama, and baby. Like bears, all cute and cuddly-looking until they need to defend themselves… :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Someone was sleeping in my holster!

6 Likes

This one’s JUST RIGHT!

4 Likes

Australia disarmed it’s ppl back in the 90s(?) and had a shooting of a number of people killed. Look at the guy that made a shotgun out of pipe in Japan and murdered the ex-PM. Gun bans don’t work.

1 Like