MantisX Daily Challenge for Community Members

Any day the BG goes down and you’re still up is a good day.

1 Like

Being bad, they’re obliged to be below average. That’s the rule, right?

1 Like

So you’ve seen Rustler’s Rhapsody then?

1 Like

No. Think I was more into music and computers during that decade.
I mostly get my shirts from Costco, so I’m still going for center mass. :smirk: You?

Something else to be thankful for…

I’m still working on the one-hand Compressed Surprise Break. Although I can hit a target with lead in a quarter second from a prepped trigger with either hand, I’m not yet able to impress MantisX at speed.
Do ok when I slow it down.

I’m right-handed. MantisX Benchmark today was not as good as any of these.

Hope you had a good one.
:turkey:

2 Likes

Skipping the Drop the Phone drill… just doing the regular. It was a very good night. I ran through the MantisX benchmark only once for each gun.

I’ve started box breathing along with my drill. Seems to help, but we’ll see if that’s just my imagination:

:arrow_left: P226P365 :arrow_right:

2 Likes

You know that Dire Straits song?

:notes: Sometimes you’re the windshield, sometimes you’re the bug.:notes:

2 Likes

Very nice shooting!

Stay safe.

1 Like

Dire Straits, huh? I know that song from Mary Chapin Carpenter.
Phrase came into conversation here just a couple days ago.

So, once you achieve perfection, then what? :sunglasses:

Call Mantis X for upgraded model :wink:

I’m patiently waiting for somebody who will post this:

A 2021-11-29 10-34-19

:crazy_face:

1 Like

@Alces_Americanus is patiently working on it.

I can’t get higher than 99.8 with the gun clamped to a wall, but I think at 100 you would show no red slices. If you can’t buy a better trigger, maybe diligent Photoshopping will get you there. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Keep at it!

1 Like

@techs, @Jerzees

Hang on for a few…

These were with the P320 XFive Legion… That tungsten infused polymer frame is awesome! (Maybe a little luck there too.)

Sadly, I haven’t seen a 100.0 since. Maybe they changed the detection algorithm in subsequent updates to the app. :frowning:

July 27, 2020

December 13, 2020
(I snapped the screenshot of that 100.0, and then went on to finish the benchmark.)

2 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Tungsten infused polymer frame rocks. I’ve gotten pleasure to shoot Wilson Combat P320 with tungsten inserts. It felt like I didn’t need to put any pressure on the grip to manage the pistol. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Sheesh. I guess having achieved perfection :100:, all that remains for you is reversion to the mean. We’ll be waiting for you. :boom: :+1:

On your trace I see a bit of excursion from trigger initiation exactly back to release — I assume that means you synchronize your heartbeat with your trigger press? OM.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, that…

OM

2 Likes

So… you have perfectly done NRA’s homework. :+1:
Trigger press + breath control = shooting success.

2 Likes

Nah. NRA wants to see

MantisX doesn’t care…

…as long as you don’t twitch.

:crazy_face:

1 Like

Chris Sajnog homework in this case, but I take your meaning.

So true.

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I knew it… NRA live Instructor gives better results than soulless Mantis X box :laughing:

1 Like