Mail-order Ammo

I’ve ordered most of my ammo online. All sent straight to my address. Some took a couple of weeks. Most took more than 3 weeks. One took 2 months.

2 Likes

I have also had the somewhat destroyed containers when they come through. The last one had a crushed box of CCI stingers. I like to think it’s accidental, though and give people the benefit of the doubt on that. It wouldn’t be too smart to smash a box of rimfires. But then if someone actually was stupid enough to be attempting to damage ammo shipments, they probably aren’t too intelligent in the first place. It is odd though, because we get packages throughout the year and only the ones containing ammo have damage done to them.

2 Likes

I remember the first time I picked a container of ammo up from our front porch. I dropped it because I wasn’t expecting it to be quite so heavy… and I knew what was in it. I’m sure a lot of that happens with boxes of ammo. They are unexpectedly heavy for their size.

2 Likes

Think the delivery folks tend to throw all the boxes around. It is the heavy ones that are likely to get more damaged. And as you said accidents are more likely to happen when you don’t expect the box to be as heavy as it is.

Both the Postal and UPS/FedEx delivery hubs near me seem to take great pride in their ability to bang up boxes ammo or otherwise:/
Fortunately the stuff inside usually survives the trip.

@Bruno if you live in the country and don’t have any local crime issues you should have no issues having it shipped to your door. Most ammo shippers don’t require signatures. Though the drivers will know that you are receiving ammo. That could be an issue if you are concerned about people knowing you have firearms in the house.

2 Likes