Mail Call - Sound off

HEY, if you are going to a PUB, what would you like to have to eat?

1 Like

@ Todd30 >. * bone dry martini with onions. * clam cakes for a appetizer.

• a 3 pound prim rid with a baked potato and a tossed salad
  • mud slid pie with coffee and Sambuca for dessert.
    Me thinks.
1 Like

Either Bangers and Mash or Shepherdā€™s Pie, and Sticky Toffee Pudding for dessert. And a pint of ale (actually, lots of pints of ale).

3 Likes

Monday nights starting at 4

Coffee rubbed filet mignon on sweet potato puree topped with a compound butter and pickled peppers

1 Like
1 Like

@Todd30 @Scott52 >

2 Likes

I had a Japanese girlfriend I nicknamed Little Nipper.

1 Like

Many a famous person has reached the top of his or her field and declared the success to be meaningless. There is a deeper need that success just doesnā€™t seem to fill. Philosophers and psychologists have tried to tackle the looming question of purpose ā€“ largely without completely satisfying answers. Countless dollars are spent on our search for purpose in life. We try to squeeze meaning out of any and every pursuit. So, is there purpose in this life?
It is Godā€™s desire that we know Him, believe Him, and witness about Him. Jesus made a similar statement to His disciples: ā€œGo therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the ageā€
God has given us certain gifts and talents to steward, but does not have a specific job, specific spouse, or specific direction for us. Others believe that God has a detailed plan for every moment or aspect of life. One thing is certain: God has placed a call on each of us. Whether it is His general call to all believers, the gifts He has given us, or a more specific plan, God has a purpose for our lives.
God created us with intent, He knows His plans for us (Jeremiah 29:11; Ephesians 2:10), and He is eager to reveal Himself to us. He desires that we know Him, that we enjoy Him, that we witness about Him, and that we live out our unique role.

3 Likes

@Todd30 >> Thatā€™s why You are the the brains of this out fit. ( adapt and overcome ) The way Iā€™m going to adapt and overcome this shortage of shooting supplies is, digging out my archery Stuff. Once your set up itā€™s way more cheeper than fire arms shooting. I have more than enough self defense amo to last for ever but not enough to go to the range almost every day like I did before. I am a high volume person according to profile testing and psychiatric evaluation. It is a incredible hobby I can get totally immersed in.
PS: Thanks for the reminder Mr. Todd.

2 Likes

Here we go again. Delta defense is offering shooting muffs with a substandard rating Of 25 DBS. For enrolling a new member. A safe DB
rating for shooting should be 30 to 31 DBS.

1 Like

The screenshot you posted said a 25 NRR
Which I learned about too late. A noise reduction rating is not the same as a decibel rating. Itā€™s LESS!!

Iā€™ve never expected promotional materials to be top quality products though.

I feel the better thing to point out to everyone before itā€™s too late for them, is to learn about hearing protection and conservation. Hearing loss is permanent and tinnitus is forever.

1 Like

I posted ā€˜ā€˜this tinnitus topic a long time ago and got nothing but
ā€œ I like them bla bla ā€œ
This time I called USCCA to get the none listed db rating and they had to call back. I then asked them to have a big Dog call Me back and Iā€™m waiting with my hand on my skinny butt. Hearing loss is permanent and affects our every day lifeā€™s to include a constant ringing in your head. My hearing loss started @ age 19 feeding a 105 mm. Canon, to include TNT,
detonation cord, just to name a few, with just cotton if you were lucky to have some. Not to go sideways I get a kick out of these lawyer commercial about being compensated for being given the wrong size ear plugs from the Military, WTF ear plugs.
OH WELL JUST HOPE SOME ONE WILL ( listen up ) while you still can.
PS: HAPPY THOUGHTS

1 Like

@Barry54 > now no one is talking to me cause I canā€™t hear voices in my head, ok ok I can hear voices in my head is, that better.

1 Like

@Todd30 >> @Shamrock >> this is what Iā€™m takin bout.
PS: no ear protection required.

FYI: the string fingers are held under the jaw instead the corner of the mouth. That is called the Olympic hold for more sit elevation @ longer distances. It is also a better ( solid ) ā€œ anchor point ā€œ.
THANKS MR. Chef TODD.

4 Likes

They have more attachments on those bows than a space shuttle has!!!

1 Like

@Todd30 >> Thatā€™s true. Itā€™s the story of my life; pushing things to the limit. Archery has been one of the biggest most rewarding past times in my life. I donā€™t like hearing I did this and I did that but, I did this and that. I got lucky with some things in life and, one was archery. I had two Olympic gold metal winners for mentors. Archery or any other sport is so intense and focused that it is like a Zhen / transe. I usto shoot 7 days a week. I would shoot in complete darkness with illuminated sites and a spot light on the target. Talk about strange, oh what a feeling, You canā€™t see the arrow flying until it smacks the target. I also usto record the sound of the arrow just befor it hit the target to better understand how white tail dear can ( jump the shot ). Interesting because they ( Crouch in order to jump ) when on alert, so a arrow goes over the their back ; so it really should be called ā€œ ducking the shot ā€œ
( deleted some stuff )

2 Likes

Have I told you the story about when I was hunting elk with a bow?
I heard a tree being thrashed and I went to investigate when I spotted a 6x6 bull elk. I pulled my bow back and the bull stopped and looked straight at me. I released the arrow and I swear that he literally sat down, and the arrow went right in front of him. He popped up and stomped his front hove while giving out a snort. All the while I am fumbling trying to grab another arrow. All I could think about was that I am in deep trouble with this bull elk! About the time I managed an arrow in my hand the Bull trotted off into the trees leaving me alone and well!

4 Likes

When we have time to think is the time when things go sideways.
( good memories is thing that time canā€™t erase ) short term memory is
WHAT* HAPPY THOUGHTS. IF ITS LIVING IN THE PAST, IT SURE BEATS THE F**k OUT OF NOW ; kinda, me thinks.
PS: when I remember things I did in the past I wonder and remember the power strength and energy that is now long gone and a wondrous memory.
Thanks Todd.

2 Likes

The fancy archery attachments are mostly for target bows. I have a site called a Shur-Loc itā€™s adjustments are in .001ā€ for each click. The site was advertised by Hoyt with Butch Johnson on the box, that was one of my mentors. I also have a 7 diopter ( 6 power ) scope for it that requires a peep clarifier. With all the other goodies I usto be able to Robin Hood (split ) arrows at 90 ft. I have all kinds of bows for target and hunting.
It was fun to shoot in three D competitions in My State and it was a blast. Sorry to be long in the tooth but itā€™s a incredible sport. The good thing is if you fall into this rabbit hole at least equipment is more Available than anything to do with firearms.
PS: three D shooting was to help you with you archery hunting skills but quickly went sideways with with all the sharks and hot rod equipment.

3 Likes