Mag holders

If you are going to carry single mag, look for SnagMag.
SnagMag doesn’t even look like mag pouch for the eyes of regular person.
A_20200904_01

6 Likes

All the recommendations made by these knowledgeable people here are excellent choices. See which one you feel more comfortable with.

4 Likes

I use a PJ Holster tuckable IWB - carry the pistol at 4 o’clock, mag at 8. Mostly because I don’t want an exposed mag carrier flopping on my belt and I have other stuff in my pockets already.

It’s just a Kydex shell with a tuckable behind-the-belt clip, uses friction to hold the mag in place. It leaves the floorplate exposed though, so tuck a t-shirt behind it. It might not be a good choice if the bottom of the mag has a sharp edge.

3 Likes

Too bad women’s pockets are usually really shallow :confused:

4 Likes

It’s time to start wearing jeans :wink:
I’ve been always telling that carrying is not comfortable… something has to be sacrificed…

2 Likes

I found this to be my latest good combo carrier, and it has broken in nicely. After a month, it’s still my current favorite.

2 Likes

I also have this for when I use a strong side kydex instead. Works well, totally hidden and secure. Not expensive on Amazon. But like others have said, the Batman belt setup can get a bit clunky with too many add-ons. I prefer the versacarry with sidecar lately. Mostly because it doesn’t try to constantly pull my pants down on the heavy side.

7 Likes

I have alien gear kydex mag pouches. Adjustable carry style and adjustable tension. I carry horizontal so i have the tension cranked up to the max. Holds them nice and secure, i have to be very deliberate in getting them out, which isn’t an issue if you’re in a hurry, grab and yank.

3 Likes

Cut hole to fit? Add a bit of velco when not using mag holder to seal the hole?

3 Likes

@Glock27ccw, I have been looking for a horizontal carrier for my .45, but have not been able to find one. What is the maker of that? Do they have leather options?

@Jerzy, I like that design, too. I like that it looks like my pocket knife that I carry the same way. Those that know me, if they saw that would assume it was just one of the knives I always carry. Might be an issue if I pull the wrong one? :grin: I will look into that for my 9, as it is a sub-compact and the mag would fit easier in my pocket than the mag for the .45 full-frame. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I saw SnagMag in my Instructor’s pocket during the class. At the first moment I was sure it was a knife, until he did reload reaching from a mag from his pocket. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

I use a NeoMag magnetic holster. It sits in your pocket like a pocket knife and is easily concealed in almost any pair of pants/shorts!

2 Likes

Looks flat in pictures, but is quite sturdy. Just remove belt clip to thread onto belt in horizontal orientation. Works with up to 1.25" belts. Tight when you start, but forms to mag and belt nicely after a few wears. Shorter 4.5" version fits my Glock 27 mag with 9 rounds of .40 perfectly.

2 Likes

I believe it is too short for my .45 mag, which is almost 6". Their large version is 5". It does not appear to be wide enough for my sub-compact, as it is a double-stack. Do you believe it could fit?

2 Likes

Really couldn’t say if it’ll fit others. Sorry. Just know the 4.5" model fits my short Glock double stack perfectly. My mag is 7/8" wide x 4" overall with pachmeyer pinky extension.

The 4.5" designation would be the max length of the mag with base plate that would fit inside the snap flap.

3 Likes

I have seen them in gun stores they are pretty common mag holders and you can probably find different sizes the will fit your mags.

1 Like

I use snag mag. Conceals really well. When I carry a second it’s a neomag.

2 Likes

I use alien gear mag pouch. Can put in any cant that is comfortable

2 Likes

3 Likes

Welcome to the community and God Bless, from Michigan

1 Like