Lunch with Sen Ted Cruz; What would you ask?

So I am scheduled to have lunch with Sen (R-TX) Ted Cruz tomorrow. You have 9.5 hours to respond. What would you say/ask?

Cheers,

Craig6

4 Likes

Why did Senator Cruz introduce a bill for congressional term limits after they lost the majority in the Senate? Like it would really pass with the Democrats in control of the House, and Biden as president. Did he introduce that bill when the Republicans had the House, Senate and Presidency?

" SUPPORT CONGRESSIONAL TERM LIMITS

January 25, 2021

|

202-228-7561

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), along with Sens. Mike Braun (R-Ind.), Pat Toomey (R-Pa.), Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), Todd Young (R-Ind.), and Rick Scott (R-Fla.), today reintroduced an amendment to the U.S. Constitution that would impose term limits on Members of Congress. U.S. Senators would be limited to two six-year terms and members of the House of Representatives to three two year terms" Sen. Cruz, Colleagues Reintroduce Constitutional Amendment Imposing Congressional Term Limits | Senator Ted Cruz

Anything you’re dying to ask him? If not, then just have lunch with the man. A real conversation is organic, and if you’re lucky you’ll leave with some gold nuggets of wisdom and maybe impart a few of your own.

3 Likes

Why did Senator Cruz do the same with term limits when Pelosi became Speaker of the House in 2019?

Just wondering if he is serious about term limits…

THREE TERMS

January 3, 2019

|

202-228-7561

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and Rep. Francis Rooney (R-Fla.) today introduced an amendment to the U.S. Constitution to impose term limits on members of Congress. The amendment would limit U.S. senators to two six-year terms and members of the U.S. House of Representatives to three two-year terms.

“For too long, members of Congress have abused their power and ignored the will of the American people,” Sen. Cruz said. “Term limits on members of Congress offer a solution to the brokenness we see in Washington, D.C. It is long past time for Congress to hold itself accountable. I urge my colleagues to submit this constitutional amendment to the states for speedy ratification.” Sen. Cruz, Rep. Rooney Introduce Constitutional Amendment Imposing Term Limits on Members of Congress | Senator Ted Cruz

I’m probably too late, but ^^^ this.

Lots of people that I agree and disagree with I’d love to sit down and just pick their brain on whatever comes up in conversation.

If there’s a lull in conversation I suppose a conversation starter might be…

• Is Texas prepared to seccede? (half-kidding)
  • How many states would come with Texas? (half-kidding)
  • How do we bring the country back (aka get rid of CRT and all it’s related trash)?
  • How many ARs has he lost in boating accidents?
2 Likes

Late to the game but, in semi humorous tone, when Texas secedes do they have an immigration plan for Northerners who are sick of all of the Unconstitutional BS? :grin:

5 Likes

Well where to start? First observation Ted Cruz is much shorter than he appears on TV (like 5’-8") but very broad across the shoulders and standing next to Glenn Younkins it is that much more striking as Glenn is like 6’-5". Ted is a genuinely likable guy and is exceedingly passionate about the USA and where it is going. I’m glad he is on our side. I was not nearly as whitey as some of you but I did get a better general sense of what’s going on in DC and that the Republicans are holding their own as best they can against a unified front. If nothing else they are trying to limit the damage. Interestingly enough he said that gun control legislation is still a dangerous thing for the Dem’s and the edge that they have in the house is not that solid when it comes to that issue. Biden also let them off the hook by saying he would not wait on Congress so there is no big push in the house. I could tell you all the Rah Rah Go Rep’s stuff but that is too political for this forum. The one question I wanted to ask Glenn was about the VCDL survey but alas he always seemed to be not where I was and I didn’t get a chance to talk with him other than the initial "Hey Hi How are ya’ " I listened to his speech which is a lot more like a good conversation and he is solid Pro 2A and even told a story about He and Ted and a shotgunning thing they do on the 4th of July and how Ted smoked them both (there was another un named fella in the story). That said I did pass along my question to his son who said that that topic had been broached before and not only were they working on it but they are looking into why they didn’t get it in a timely manner (I got the opinion that it was someone inside the campaign that shelved it but I have no proof other than an observation and gut feeling.) All in all I am favorably impressed with both Gentlemen and their wives.

On a CC note, I got tagged today. I don’t feel bad though I got to see a good friend and Tier 1 operator that I haven’t seen in a good number of years. Me being me I was watching the security personnel and noticed that they were watching me too. Out of the crowd heading in the wrong direction was a familiar walk, I didn’t recognize the face but I knew the walk. I couldn’t for the life of me figure it out. Finally the dude gets to my wife and I and stops looks directly at me and says “Hey Doc! How you been?” As soon as I heard the voice I knew exactly who he was and where I knew him from. The next question was straight out of John Wick “You here for business?” “Nope I’m a VIP Guest and Delegate.” “Cool, if something goes down, DON’T” “Gotcha, nice seeing you again Jerry. Stop by the house sometime, I’m in the same place.” He stuck out his paw which I shook “I’d like that.” and went about his business.

I am truly pleased to see that the pro’s still know how to do their jobs and they are hired by the good guys.

Cheers,

Craig6

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing that.

2 Likes

Ahhh, interesting. I couldn’t help but notice his survey was missing (I listed all the candidates for primaries tomorrow in Regional), I had kind of assumed it was a red-flag and he was not as pro-2A as one would hope. Glad to hear that’s not the case in the event he wins the primary. VA will have a tough road, no matter who wins the primary as the Dem candidate will have dumptrucks full of cash rolling in for campaign money.

1 Like

@Harvey Thank you for your link I couldn’t remember where I saw it and is much more concise than trying to sort out who is who. Somehow I am now a Delegate. I thought I was signing up for candidate information and here I am having lunch with Ted Cruz! The more I learn the more I know. ANYONE can sign up to be a delegate (on either party) providing you can vote in the state. This time out you rank your choices from 1 to X and the one with the least number of points wins the nomination.

The key takeaway is that anyone can be a delegate and it essentially allows you to vote twice. Once for the primary to select the candidate and once for the actual election. This may be a drive that the VCDL may wish to consider the next time around. Imagine if 1.2 million VCDL members registered to become delegates and then 20,000 got together in one place to have ALL the contestants come by and face the music in 7 or 8 venues? Imagine if 1.2 million registered as Democrat Delegates …Rush Limbaugh lives on! Operation Chaos Baby!!!

Hmmmm, now that I think about it, that could actually be a thing. The RL party registers as Democrat Delegates to choose the least likely candidate and vote republican in the actual vote. I just came up with this via the help of a glass of VA’s finest bourbon, where the he!! are the republican strategists?

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

I got a fair number of invites, but I had no idea what it was. Sounds like I missed out :slight_smile:

1 Like

If it’s not too late, I’d be interested to know if Ted has an LTC.

1 Like

@Harvey The down side is your phone blows up all day everyday and your mailbox is FULL everyday. I have more Turvis tumblers, hat’s, Tee Shirts, and extraneous “Vote for Me” crap than I can shake a stick at. In attempting to be responsible I am actually trying to sleuth out “Who’s Who in the Zoo” it is not easy. I have to rank my choices from #1 to X so me being me if my candidate has an close competitor I will pick mine as #1 and the competitor as last and fill in the rest to my best advantage. Other folks do it differently. I vote tomorrow and I am barely halfway through figuring out who is who. I’m inclined to go with Younkins as “Sneaky Pete” did the unforgivable. The young blonde lady in the mix who I can’t recall her name is also a pit viper that I met once and lets just say I was not favorably impressed simply for the way she treated the wait staff at the restaurant. There is even less info on the Lt. Gov’s and AG’s. The Repubs need to clean up their game. That last sentence is my biggest take away from this process.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

Truer words were never written spoken autocorrected typed…

2 Likes