Lucky no one was seriously injured

I can’t imagine how I’d even do it. Maybe take my 911 without a round in the chamber… Just doesn’t seem like that would be real comfortable.

2 Likes

I have a few questions after reading that article.

Firstly, How did Mr. Walton’s firearm not only shoot himself in the leg BUT also ricocheted injuring three others.

Sad , but I would like to know what he was carrying because MAN does that gun have some power.

3 Likes

Like I said above, I bet it was non expanding ammunition. I hope that it wasn’t proper SD ammunition and it took all that to stop the bullet.

I’m also guessing it was a 40 because 45 owners are smarter than that!

Maybe someone could start a poll for guesses on what he was carrying. I wonder if we will ever find out??

5 Likes

I hate to admit this, but my weapon fell out one time & it was also at Wal-Mart.

No discharge…Thank the good Lord! But, it was hard explaining to the Wal-Mart cashier that I was legally carrying…

Honestly thought I was going to get charged. NEVER AGAIN DID I USE THAT HOLSTER

4 Likes

I’m guessing that the people struck by the ricochet were extraordinarily minor injuries but, well, it makes for a more compelling media story to make it sound more serious. A little fragment of lead scratches somebody’s skin and that would seem to meet the description given.

I am also guessing that this could easily happen for any FMJ or JHP pistol round…they are almost all lead with a copper jacket that seems to act pretty similarly when hitting something like concrete or solid tile floor etc.

I will also guess that it doesn’t go through very much flesh on the leg, such that even if it was a JHP it may not have gone through enough to expand, or lost enough velocity to avoid splitting up and flying around in pieces after hitting the solid floor/etc

5 Likes

@Nathan57, agreed.

In addition, they are in line for a pay-check from either party. I would almost bet my last cent that a lawyer or two met them at the local hospital to show there sympathy for minor scrapes.

2 Likes

Sorry for my lack of compassion, but what an idiot! Why would anyone carry that way? Total stupidity.

5 Likes

Quite a few years ago close to where I live had a retired LEO drop his CCW on the floor. Bullet hit a cement floor, the bullet didn’t hit a bystander but shrapnel cement did. injured 2 people as it was told.

5 Likes

DRAW FAST
BUT
Holster SLOW, VERY SLOW.
USUALLY - NO GOOD REASON TO - HOLSTER FAST.

I SHOOT COMPETITION SO RE-HOLSTER “A LOT”.
LIKE SLOW, BUT SURE, MOLASSAS.

DONT TRY TO STOP/GRAB A FALLING GUN.
MOST GUNS WILL NOT FIRE BY BEING DROPPED.

IT IS A NATURAL TENDENCY YOU HAVE TO TRAIN YOU MIND TO RESIST.

4 Likes

Sounds like a good thing to be aware of but I wouldn’t know how to train to resist but I get your point.

3 Likes

Left vague for Anti-Gunners to use as example of all Conceal Carries . This is just to get a Head Line that get people to panic over. How many letters to you think Wal-Mart has received to Demand all stores to post No Guns Allowed signs.

1 Like

There are Many More stupid people than people with some common sense.

3 Likes

DEFENDER:

DONT TRY TO STOP/GRAB A FALLING GUN.
MOST GUNS WILL NOT FIRE BY BEING DROPPED.

IT IS A NATURAL TENDENCY YOU HAVE TO TRAIN YOU MIND TO RESIST.

Sounds like a good thing to be aware of but I wouldn’t know how to train to resist but I get your point.

SLOW RE-HOLSTER

Just “SLOW DOWN” - LIKE MOLASSAS SLOW.

ps Most Cops who are Shot - Shoot themselves in the Right Foot.

YUP - Re-holster Fast with Finger on Trigger.

1 Like

Makes sense now I thought you were saying to practice dropping our guns and not try to grab it duh. Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

I dont need a trigger guard since my trigger finger when drawing is always straight along the slide and me thumb is above the thumb safty and it is automatic

3 Likes