Louisiana Will Not Allow Legal Protection To Pay For

In most cases, the courts in Kentucky do not specify who can bond someone out and, in many cases, the full bond amount is not required. For instance, a $5,000 bond could be set as full cash, 10%, surety or property. Full cash is just that, $5,000 has to be posted by someone. A property bond is double the amount so $10,000 inequity must exist if a property bond is posted and it takes precedence over many other liens. A 10% bond would require $500 to be posted and a surety bond is a signature release, sometimes by a friend or family member or by the defendant himself and sometimes the court will restrict who can be the surety.

2 Likes

Ok, I’m getting confused, BUT, the only real concern I have is that, if the worst happens, my USCCA benefits will apply to any bail set.

1 Like

Oh, and the lawyer CANNOT post a client’s bond because it creates a conflict of interests.

2 Likes

Well, seems like Louisiana law, as usual, is about as clear as mud. :grin: Thanks for the learned replies!

I have asked 2 LA attorneys a question and gotten 2 different answers. Of course, I was not paying either of them, so they did not give me a researched answer, just off the top of their heads.

2 Likes

Fred,

I wouldn’t matter if you did pay them. One of the main reasons I went forth with my call on the law is in regard to the way I’ve been treated by some of these Louisiana lawyers. They felt high-minded to not give me the proper time.

I’m always the nice guy likewise, I treat everybody with the same respect. but after paying and getting treated like I was not their priority (Keep in mind, I did not bother them, I simply had to remind them to even do their job after long periods of time)

However, one lawyer and it was actually one USCCA sent me through even though I was not a member at the time in the matter of one of my encounters. I did not need to pay this lawyer because I was not charged, but he WAS THE BEST lawyer. He is just like @MikeBKY in the perspective of courtesy and giving everybody the same respect. Now, Mr. Rogers is a good friend of mine and through research, he actually is the top third criminal defense attorney in northwest Louisiana and now I see why and it has to do with treating clients/potential clients well. Not to mention doing the best job possible (Sometimes you just Won’t quote on quote win, but do the best)

2 Likes