Looks promising but is it legit?

https://cf.spybriefing.com/free-bug-out-bag-guns-book-mod-spt1

I’ve seen this book before and am hesitant to purchase it because I’m afraid that it might be a scam. But it looks like a good book to get if it’s actually true.
My only concern is I can’t find it on Amazon or anywhere else online.

2 Likes

This definitely looks like a scam.

4 Likes

He does have other books out, but he gets absolutely slammed in his reviews comments on Goodreads. So you may get the book but from what I was reading from reviews it’s basically a bunch of generic advice, alot of self promotion, and attempted up selling to get you to buy other stuff he sells. YMMV.

2 Likes

I’ve been receiving emails from " Former CIA Officer" everyday… Now all new incoming are deleted automatically…
" Former CIA Officer" has been selling everything - books, red dots, lasers, tactical flashlights… Looks he is in possession of any military stuff :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Wow.
I was concerned that it was a scam when I saw the funky URL. But I’m glad I never spent the $10 on S&H. Lol

2 Likes

On the other hand… It might be legit… But I’m not sure what values can be found in this book :thinking:

2 Likes

I can’t attest to the website, but the person they are referencing has been on the Rachel Ray show, Fox news (local), and the Harry Connick Jr. show.

However, be aware that some businesses use legitimate items from legitimate people/companies and once they get your CC# sign you up for auto renewal of some subscription program. I might track down the book from a reputable source.

A very simple Amazon search shows a few related books by Hanson which might catch your interest. Although they don’t list the book you linked, Amazon might have banned certain things with the word “gun” in them.

4 Likes

That’s true. They might have. But you’d think there’d be another online store or something that sells the book. I just found it odd that I couldn’t find it anywhere else online.
And yes I have run into that before

2 Likes

Amazon has a ton of gun books, accessories, parts… dont think its banned.
Amazon does take a huge chunk of the profit for anything they sell, so if you’re selling something low margin, or dont need their leverage, Amazon might not be a good choice. Not everyone decides to sell through them.

1 Like

OK…

I looked more closely at the OP’s website link. The address and phone number match up with https://concealedcarryacademy.com/. Checking out the address via Google maps brings up “Utah Spy Adventure.”

It seem legit. In all of the different websites related to info in the OP’s website, it seems like Hanson even had a Las Vegas act and has really embraced selling his info in one way or another for public consumption. If you have questions on the book, you might even try to call into that “Utah Spy Adventure” office, as it’s the same address and phone number.

There are some interesting pics if you go to Google maps and plug in that company/address: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Utah+Spy+Adventure/@37.8115243,-113.3760979,15z/data=!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x0:0xef0d544b15d914c!2sUtah+Spy+Adventure!8m2!3d37.67522!4d-113.0620472!3m4!1s0x0:0xef0d544b15d914c!8m2!3d37.67522!4d-113.0620472

1 Like