Looking for suggestions for a new bug

The accountant that I go to for my tax work just called to tell me my tax work is done and, ready to be picked up. There looks to be a S&W 3913 in my near future.

4 Likes

Our friends at Sig got back to us about the action for the 365:

ā€œTechnically, the P365 is classified as a Double Action Only, but in no way does the trigger feel like a DAO. Itā€™s a striker-fired pistol that incorporates a pre-cocked striker designā€¦ This minimizes the work the trigger is required to do, and results in a clean crisp trigger.ā€

I had never heard it referred to as pre-cocked DA. Iā€™ve always heard them referred to as a striker that is half-cocked. Learning new phrasing new every day!

2 Likes

Iā€™d recommend the Ruger ec9s. You can carry it anyway you want and has an external safety. I have one with a 7 round mag plus one and two extended 10 round mags for it.

1 Like

@Dawn yeah, thatā€™s almost exactly what I said in the DM I sent you

2 Likes

Hi @Josh_Dummer, I appreciate your input but,my decision has been made. The Ruger ec9s just isnā€™t not what Iā€™m looking for.

2 Likes

For anyone still reading this thread that would like to know more about pre-cocked (aka Pre-set) striker fire handguns.

the way that pre-cocked (aka Pre-set) striker fired handguns work is when a round is chambered the striker is held at about 1/3 cocked position. The reasoning behind the 1/3 position is three fold. First to maintain the longer trigger pull of a double action, secondly to reduce the trigger pull weigh to approximately the half way point between that of a double action and, a single action and, lastly in the event of a catastrophic failure that would allow the striker to fall without a trigger pull the striker should not have enough momentum to fire the round.

2 Likes