Loans and financing

Bill Wilson/Wilson Combat has a layaway/finance program, however everything they sell is 3k and up. You receive your purchase once you’re paid in full. Definitely worth it if you have the time and patience.

2 Likes

Yeah I am looking at the DDM4 V7 but as you said, they are out of stock, hell they out of stock on about everything!

3 Likes

Damn hoarders, first they went for the toilet paper, now DD products!
:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Probably, and that “new $1200 TV” you plan to buy will be nice. :wink:.

3 Likes

Would love a Wilson Combat product, but that level of precision would be wasted on me.

4 Likes

What we need here is a new pandemic, take their minds off toilet paper and guns. We can call it “Historic Dementia”. Think we can build a few thousand statues to keep them busy.
Then WE can start hoarding again.

5 Likes

Precision like that makes us all look good!

3 Likes

One of the things I use is a 0% interest rate balance transfer credit card offer. I use this in conjunction with a regular “points/cash” credit card. BJ’s had a deal going on where there were no balance transfer fees, I don’t know if this is normal or not but I got the CC to get the $.10 off per gallon of gas with the intention to pay it off monthly. They also gave me a stupid YUGE credit limit. I ended up buying something I couldn’t outright afford on another card that gave me good points ($$$$) vs purchases rolled the whole existing balance as well as the balance on 2 other cards into the BJ’s card and now I’m using their money for free for the next 20 months. When doing that make sure you stay below 70% of the credit limit or you will take a credit rating hit for having a card w/ more than 70% outstanding balance.

Most 0% interest balance transfers have a 3 - 5% transfer balance fee so make sure that paying up front is worth it to you for the amount of interest you will save, if you are running 18 -27% interest on CC’s it will probably be worth it.

Cheers,

Craig6

4 Likes

I’d go with a credit card or a personal loan and say you’re getting furniture or something.

5 Likes

Sporting equipment lol

5 Likes

They make loans for vacations, for Pete’s sake! At least with a gun there is a saleable asset involved. That being said, I just bought a carbine on a credit card, BUT I already have the cash saved to pay it off on the first billing, so no interest.

Debt is like cancer: it tends to grow and is hard to get rid of. Save up, y’all, save up!

5 Likes

I went through that with my DDM4 in .300 Blackout. I just kept signing up for emails on new stock alerts until I finally got one on my 11th or 12th alert.

4 Likes

I just came within an inch about an hour ago on pulling the trigger on the DDM4 V7. They just came back in stock. The only reason I havent ordered it yet is I gotta figure out a reason to tell “the other half” why I just spent $1900 on another AR platform​:unamused::unamused::unamused:

6 Likes

Just explain to your better half (lol) that it’s for home and family protection given the current state of affairs in the country/world. Or you could tell her that you absolutely need this caliber for whatever reason, and you hate borrowing one again from the tall, former blonde model at the gun club. Tell her that it won’t wear out and it’s an investment for your grandkids.

Note that if you tell her about a model at the club you should probably come up with a convincing “sexy” name, Veronica, Isabella, Etc.

3 Likes

Honestly what I would do there is get a personal loan for the cost of firearm + taxes + starting ammo and accessories.

Personally, I don’t like broadcasting what I’m buying.

4 Likes

In NC it doesn’t much matter, because you have to have to have a permit and background check to purchase anyway. So your name will be on the Gubment list regardless.

2 Likes

Lucky for me I’m not in NC. No permit required and my CCW is my background check

3 Likes

Bubba, same in NC. If you have a CC permit, that acts as your background check. Either way, the Gubment has your name on a list.

3 Likes

I also bank with NFCU. I am not aware of them accepting a firearm as collateral.

2 Likes

I general lending institions want collateral in “paper” ie title of something. About 15 years ago I went to NFCU to see about a personal loan the rate was 15 ish % but for a secured loan it was 3% or something. I needed $5K. When I asked what is accepted for collateral I got the off hand answer “Anything of value.” I tossed an 8oz gold bar on the desk. The young lady about crapped herself right there as it landed with a very loud THUD. After getting her voice back she said “We can’t accept that.” “Hmmm, how about cash?” as I reached into my pocket, “I’ll give you 5 to lend me 5?” I ended up buying a 2 year CD for like 1.75%, and walked out 2 years later with more than I got charged in interest plus what I bought. Interestingly enough about a month later they dropped my NFCU CC interest rate by 3%.

There are many ways to leverage assets if you have them and many ways to use other peoples money to your advantage if you look around.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes