Loading your gun with one hand

I was referring that he could rack the slide on a carton of eggs without breaking themđŸ€Ł

5 Likes

I’m glad you had the training for that.

Out of curiosity, was this a private citizen concealed carry situation?

3 Likes

CPU is simply (I thought) as a metaphor for the human mind. Though I suppose with all the advancements D.A.R.P.A. is making in AI and robotic ‘soldiers’ who knows how it was construed!
Some do not want to waste their time training for unlikely scenarios. That’s a judgement call on their part.
Under extreme high stress the human does not rise to the crisis, they revert to their level of training. When high stress is applied the mind searchs to find a solution to return to normal; i.e. when one touches a hot burner it creates pain and causes high stress, the solution is to jerk the hand back.
A CCW engagement for most people is a high stress environment and if the person has not trained to respond in a hopefully successful manner. If not, the brain sends a screaming, panic message to the memory and screams, “How do I respond? Do I run? Do I fight? Etc.”
If there is nothing in the memory training area it responds by yelling, “Panic!” When panic is the response, micro-motor skills cease, gross-motor might work.
So, if you set shot in your dominate hand and need to use your non-dominate hand and nothing is in the memory training area, you revert to your level of training, you will not rise to the occasion, panic sets it, and well that doesn’t lead to a positive outcome.
Long winded, but hope this helps.

5 Likes

Do you mean was the criminal that shot me a citizen :question:. FROM HELL. :bangbang::bangbang:

2 Likes

You were a private citizen carrying concealed when that happened?

2 Likes

Gene.c you are 1,00 percent right after being seriously injured and trying not to pass out :bangbang: and if you do not get a round in the chamber and lead is flying Closer and closer you better get your together ASAP I wish I could tell every one every thing that happened but because bad guys have more rights than us. I Hope that what I said about chambering a round off anything you can will save your life and others. Bobby Jean

2 Likes

Nathan57, The gang member that shot me was not a concealed carry anything all I can say is yes, I was working for the good guys not working as a private citizen. I wish I could say more but I cannot. And if the devil looked like the devil then we all would not be getting burned. Back the blue.

4 Likes

Thank you for the service.

I suspected this was an on-the-job type of situation one way or another, going after the real bad guys is certainly not for the faint of heart

5 Likes

You just do not understand :bangbang:and you never will :bangbang: knowing how to chamber a round and reload your WEPON :bangbang: when you have been injured :bangbang: will make that melter show up sooner than later than expected but a revover man has all ready LOST WHEN YOU RUN IN TO A 17, round magazine a automatic :bangbang::bangbang:Bobby Jean had the secret service not had automatic hand guns when they had to fight the man looking for the Republicans playing basketball that day :bangbang:. THEY WOULD HAVE LOST :bangbang: AND YOU WOULD BE HARD PRESSED TO FIND ANY ONE THAT WILL NOT AGREE WITH THAT :bangbang:Bobby Jean I seem to lose my HONOR EVERY TIME I CHAT WITH YOU. :bangbang:must be RUGER

When I took a class that combined NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home (PPOTH) and NRA Defensive Pistol, we had training and practice in one-hand manipulation, to include draw from holster and reload.

So yes, there are instructors teaching one hand manipulation.

4 Likes