License Plate Co Lobbies for Two Plates on Every Car

Having two plates doesn’t solve anything.

3 Likes

It saves one and only problem → somebody gets more :moneybag:
:wink:

5 Likes

It is already law in WA.

1 Like

From the UTDOT FAQ:
“Utah law requires that every vehicle registered in Utah, other than a motorcycle, trailer, or semitrailer, must have a license plate securely attached to the front and rear of the vehicle. Federal standards require that every vehicle manufactured for sale in the United States must have the capability of mounting a license plate on the front and rear of the vehicle. If you contact the vehicle dealer, they can obtain the necessary kit for mounting a front license plate.”

I don’t have one on my Jeep and haven’t had one on my Jeep for many years. Nobody has challenged me yet…

2 Likes

What year is your Jeep?

1 Like

2009 Wrangler, You’ll notice there is no front plate…

5 Likes

I was wondering because I used to have a 1946 Willies and I did not put plates on the front because it was a “46” Willies. I do not have it anymore, but I sure do miss it!

3 Likes

@Mike164 They’ll probably want you to DRILL HOLES on your nice BUMPER to screw on the plates. Nice Jeep by the way!

1 Like

Wisconsin has 2 plates nice for when one fills up with year stickers. Lol

3 Likes

Oops

3 Likes

@RocketPak Yea just on the center area of that pretty blue plastic bumper is where they’ll want you to DRILL HOLES to mount the FRONT plate.

1 Like

Already have 2 in Oregon.

1 Like
2 Likes

Single plates never made much sense to me, but I haven’t owned a vehicle in a state which didn’t require two plates. Doubles the chances of trying my key in the correct car. :wink:

Probably also increases the chance of law enforcement spotting a wanted vehicle or expired tags by 10x or more. Whether you like that or not depends upon your fugitive status, I suppose.

2 Likes

Prisoners don’t make plates anymore?

3 Likes

According to the video most of the labor is still prisoner labor contracted by 3M.

3 Likes

I was parked in a 2-plate state, once, and had a young police officer question me about my missing plate. Luckily his senior officer walked by and gave him a quick lesson on Article IV of the Constitution.

2 Likes

Two plates are really only there to generate revenue for the State.

Do you think that buying TWO plates and SINGLE plate really differ? Usually States have flat fee for registration and plates.

I personally like front plates in IL. I already used that “feature” to report the guy in hit-and-run incident I was involved in.

3 Likes