Let's talk holsters

Redbox for holsters
Love it! :star_struck:

2 Likes

How about a “Home for Wayward Holsters” ?

4 Likes

If you guys like that idea, I’ll do some digging. I’d love to do some sort of giveback program or educational assistance with donations like that.

The other way we could go is to create a classified area for those types of products. (Sorry, don’t think we’d go into the firearm classifieds for a long time, if ever.)

Thoughts?

1 Like

I think itd be worth tossing around idea’s. Start with a used holster program and see where it expands too. I know one big deterrent fro. Carrying a firearm is price. I know with my permit, firearm, belt, holster, magazine and pouche I’m about 1,000 bucks into it. Taking some of that burden away cause I have stuff I dont use, I don’t see a downside to it

2 Likes

Bare with me here. What if there was an event of some sorts. At USCCA, a range, etc. Maybe a non-shooting event to welcome those that may be on the fence, new to concealed carry, etc. Could include a holster try out area. Donations welcomed. Could purchase a ‘new to you’ holster. Proceeds donated to local organizations. Could also include other training materials, information. :thinking: idk. Feel like there’s an idea in there somewhere.

3 Likes

I’m going to keep pushing on this one (offline in the office) to see where it might go. I’ll keep you all updated! And if you think of any other ideas, I’m open to suggestions!

3 Likes

I started carrying iwb with my glock, overtime I have gotten a bad hip and thought I was gonna have to lay my glock down, but I found a paddle holster took all the weight off my hip plus I got a new belt it all works together to keep me carrying. Tears was coming up at just the thought of puttn my glock down. So anyone experiencing this problem dont give up.

1 Like

I carry a non sub compact because I have big sausage fingers that just don’t fit on the short stubby grips. My preferred is my CZ75 D compact. I have a Crossbreed super tuck. I like it a lot for Winter but wear t-shirts mostly in the summer so looking to go AIWB for spring/summer. Thinking Alien Gear or maybe Urban Carry. Any thoughts?

Check out www.n82tactical.com. I love how the holster covers the entire gun, even the grip. Nothing digging into my side. Great retention. I also love the tuckable clip.

1 Like

If I have learned nothing else, cheap is normally not saving you money in the long run. If you can’t justify spending all that money on something you are not sure is right for you, try to find someone who has what you are looking for and will let you try it. Or find a merchant who will let you at least try it on before you buy.

I like a shoulder rig (especially when I am on my motorcycle) and could have saved myself money if I had gone out and bought the good leather rig instead of the three (or was it four) cheap ones.

I just bought a new pocket holster for my SCCY yesterday. I started with a Viridian, but it was too soft and floppy. Then I got the cheap Allen, It was OK, but the pistol went too far in and it was difficult to get a good grip until it was half way out of the holster. And the “sticky” fabric ring was getting smooth. I found the new Allen Spider holster and like it a lot. It covers the trigger but not the back part of the trigger guard. I can get a great grip right away and it has a much better sticky outer surface. When I am wearing pants that don’t work well with pocket carry, I use a Galco IWB and get along well with it.

My favorite is the “CrossBreed” for my Para Ordinance LDA, worn under a tucked-in shirt for church, and under a sweater or tail-out shirt whenever the weather can take it. I like a “Hawaiian” shirt in the summertime and a sweater in the fall and winter.

2 Likes

Bought these beauties about two months ago from Legacy Firearms and finally got them today. Rather bad ass if I do say so. Had trouble finding a Kydex holster for my PPQ SC and decided to get one too for my VP9 since I had a coupon for 30% off.

2 Likes

Does anyone have any thoughts on Versacarry brand?

I will be on the lookout but so far, until I get my concealed weapons permit, I’m going to use the holster that came with my Sigg P3 65 tac pack