Let's see your new gun!

Grabbed this pocket warmer today. Looking forward to shooting it. But guess what? Can’t find ammo! :-/

11 Likes

Sigh. I sold it to a licensed firearm dealership, specifically the one I purchased it from. Don’t know how much more official it can get.

2 Likes

Nice!:sunglasses: I just picked up a Ruger LCR 357 on Saturday, Called every store within 60 miles, no 38 or 357. So, I ordered dies and bullets online to reload. I did find 100 rounds of 38 spl for $170 shipped which is insane but I will need the brass.

1 Like

I was torn between the 642 and the LCR. Went back and forth for a couple of weeks, and then local availability made my choice for me! They are both really good guns.

4 Likes

You will still be investigated as the Form 4473 shows you as the owner until the ATF investigates further. What part of the method of investigation that the ATF uses do you not understand. Neither of us stated you would be arrested for a crime, only that you will be investigated - as you will be. From the ATF site:
How ATF Traces Firearms

• A firearm is recovered by law enforcement.
  • ATF receives recovery information in e-Trace.
  • Trace reveals origin of firearm manufacturer or importer.
  • Trace leads to the original Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL). (Not all traces may lead to the original FFL. Sales sometimes lead beyond that to a subsequent FFL.)
  • FFL manually looks through firearm transaction records to find the first purchaser. (First purchaser is not always identified. Sometimes traces lead to a more recent purchaser or an unlicensed purchaser.)

Since you clearly are unwilling to believe us, go to the source. I just did a quick Internet search and in mere seconds found the information on the ATF site here. Argue with them how you do not understand or that they are wrong.

1 Like

You can live in fear, and keep every single firearm you ever bought if you want.
For me, if I no longer want a firearm I purchased, I’ll sell it to a dealer. If someone buys it from the licensed dealer, I’m sure they have to fill out a form too. I, myself, won’t live in fear of the ATF, because I know what a paper trail is.
Fin.

4 Likes

I was only explaining how the ATF traces firearms. Do what you want with the information. The issue is that the government should not be tracing them to begin with, it rarely, if ever, solves crimes and probably never gets the firearm back to the rightful owner. The latter I have never read anything to that effect, and to the former, if it was stolen, etc., the trace is pointless.

1 Like

Don’t have a pic yet, but was just notified a new PPQ M2 has arrived at my local gun shop. My wife and I started a trend Four years ago of using Inauguration Day as an excuse to buy a new gun. Smart woman I tell you.

5 Likes

You did not implement the Rule of 7 Ps:

Prior
Proper
Planning
Prevents
Piss
Poor
Performance
:innocent:

2 Likes

LOL! I haven’t heard that in a while.

2 Likes

Pretty sweet paperweight though! (Sorry to add insult to injury, the ammo will come around.) Congrats on the gun. I’m a big S&W fan.

3 Likes

It might be a Department of the Navy Thing! :blush:

1 Like

I love how the eagle seems to be dropping off a care package!

2 Likes

That’s gorgeous. Purchasing a Tikka is definitely in my horizon.

1 Like

Bought my first Glock back in Oct. I absolutely love it.

6 Likes

S&W 45
I just got this S&W M&p 2.0 45 cal for a carry gun. It’s a little heavier than the M&P 9 mm that I was carrying but has a bigger wallop.

9 Likes

Nice piece of hardware @FuriousMB .:+1::+1:

1 Like

Nice piece of hardware @Ifreeman53 and good choice, I’m an M&P guy.

1 Like

Purchased these two a few months back. Sig m18-P320 and Savage AR

12 Likes

Nice pieces of hardware brother @Octavio .

1 Like