Let's see your new gun!

Coming soon, I hope, an AR in 7.62x39.

Have a spare lower for it already but I want another lower instead as the spare lower has the binary trigger on it… ordered 2 cases of ammo from my favorite shop, since a bunch came in and it’s seemingly easier to find and less expensive.

3 Likes

The old long gun I posted about turns out to be a breach loader. Appears to be .32-.35 caliber.
It appears more like .35, but I haven’t measured it yet other than with ammo I had right with me at the time.
.38 was no go and my 300 blackout wobbled around in the barrel end lol.
Pics to come when I can get time. Pretty busy.
It has the hammer you can (sort of) see in the fuzzy picture from the auction site. Behind the breach there is a hinged piece that holds the firing pin. It folds down to load/unload. There is what appears to be an ejector on the bottom face of the breach face much like some other breach loaders from the 19th century that I’ve seen. The stock has a ramrod slot, but the rifle doesn’t seem to be a conversion from muzzle loader. Maybe it’s there because early ejectors weren’t reliable.
I’ll do more research when I can. So far I haven’t found anything just like this. Oh, I forgot to mention that behind the trigger guard there are finger grooves in the metal much like some of the older Mossberg .22 rifles.

2 Likes

Wow, nice. Is it loud, smooth, etc… kickback?
What part of the country is that? Looks nice outside! Thanks for sharing a picture😎

2 Likes

Nice! I heard those were good guns. Hard to find, higher price?

3 Likes

How much does that puppy weigh?

1 Like

Nice piece of hardware brother @Richard306 :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Glad to help.

2 Likes

Not really sure you were replying to me, but here you go:
It was around $675 USD new in the case. They gave me like 90% of my purchase price for my APX so I got it for around $350ish cash out of pocket. I was the first person in the door, only a few minutes after they opened. Gun had just come in that morning, and they were still cleaning the factory gunk off of it. Got real lucky, as they just can’t keep handguns in stock at all. I’d bet my old APX is already sold.
Now if only they could keep ammo more than a day after it comes in.

3 Likes

You get a full day on ammo? It’s about 10 minutes here and that’s just because they’re limiting what a person can buy at a time (maybe slightly exaggerated, but not by much)

4 Likes

At 60…I’m not tech savvy enough to post pics. Latest firearm purchase was Sig Legion X5. I did order 2 4.25 inch MP performance slide kits from optics planet today. One 9mm, one 40 cal. to replace my 5 inch slides. Shoulder pain makes drawing a challenge from 4 o:clock.
Looking at appendix carry route.

7 Likes

Not so much new but its been awhile since some of the non-pistols and such shared a photo together.

The MS391 (still thinking of a way to mount it as a chainsaw bayonet).

AR9

Ruger PC Carbine

AR15 Beowulf

AR10 308

VR80 12ga

AR15 pistol 556

All ready to go should someone ignore the warnings and break in…

12 Likes

Glad you got in!

How do you legally sell a firearm? Do you report it to the seller was has your application and receipt logged in their system as it states it’s yours?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thank you! As to your question, it has 2 different answers, and the second one will likely vary from state to state.
I traded/sold my APX directly to the licensed gun store I purchased it from originally. They issued me a bill of sale, which I store with the original receipt. <-----<< That sentence is very important!

I’ve only once sold a firearm to an individual, and that was in FL. To my knowledge, you just sell it, and that’s that. I personally wrote up two identical receipts with both our names and the gun’s serial number. We both checked them, then signed both copies. I kept one, he got the other. I never contacted anyone else about the sale.
This is the answer that might vary from state to state, as you may have noticed there was no age verification (he was 22, IIRC), no NICS, no registration for the buyer, etc. In FL, at that time, a seller didn’t need any registration of a weapon nor eligibility checks of the buyer to sell to a private individual. It’s wise to get a signed receipt and keep it safe.
I would highly recommend checking with your state’s laws before buying or selling a gun to/from an individual rather than a licensed dealer.
Hope this helps.

3 Likes

All ready and waiting, eh? You must have found one of those magical video game backpacks that let you change weapons instantly, and carry a full arsenal with ammo for all of them. So…where did you find that backpack? I’ve been looking for one for years now!

3 Likes

The original sale via the Form 4473 still shows you as the owner. If that firearm is ever found after being used in a crime, the ATF will be investigating you. A piece of paper will not prevent that as it is not with your original Form 4473. It might aid in how quickly the ATF decides you were not involved in the crime, but it will not prevent the investigation. They will have investigated you well before you are ever contacted by them.

The worst issue of the federal Form 4473, which is supposed to be only for purposes of a criminal background check, is that it is a permanent record of what firearm(s) you obtained. There is no legitimate reason for the federal government, nor anyone else, to know what firearm(s) you obtained or own.

4 Likes

Nice collection of hardware @Orpackrat.:+1::+1:

3 Likes

Hanging on wall, beside bed, end of bed, gun cabinet with keys inserted, 2 chainsaws fueled and sitting on top cabinet.

However, in later times, I may have to design such a backpack, probably based on an external frame backpack and have my brother engineer the electronics the a smart arm to release and pass me one from my inventory.

3 Likes

There is a youtube out there where some guy fired it off in his house and the ceiling fell down. Another story, I worked at a mold shop where they were building these on their own time as a hobby. One guy finished his and took it out behind the building and set up a target board by propping it up with another stick from behind to hold it up. Fired it, and the initial reaction was he missed the target! Upon closer inspection the projectile passed completely through it with such velocity the board never moved. Amazing!

3 Likes

Did you perhaps miss the part where I sold it to a licensed gun dealer? For it to be used in a crime, with the stipulation that the proprietors of the gun store didn’t commit said crime, it would need to either be stolen, in which case that piece of paper with the gun dealer’s ID info would assuredly be useful, or it would have been sold to someone by that licensed gun dealer, and thus be registered to them.
Now the first handgun I sold, some 30 odd years ago, yeah maybe that could come back on me, but it was a Jennings, and a cheap one at that, and I really doubt there is much chance it lasted even half that long without falling apart.

2 Likes

Did you miss the part that the Form 4473 that has your firearm being sold to you, still shows the firearm sold to you? Being rude does not help anyone. Re-read my post.

3 Likes